DieselTech

Always breakin' something
~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
IndyYZ85 said:
Reed definitely was pushing hard.. and crashed 3 times in that race.

RV didn't run the open... He's out with a broken collarbone.

I thought I read online that RV raced a 250F and got 1st twice? I realize that it was not in the actual US Open race, but that it was in another class at the US Open - is this not correct? Now I'm really confused.....RV broke his collarbone in a practice session after the US Open, not before, right?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
DieselTech said:
I thought I read online that RV raced a 250F and got 1st twice? I realize that it was not in the actual US Open race, but that it was in another class at the US Open - is this not correct? Now I'm really confused.....RV broke his collarbone in a practice session after the US Open, not before, right?

According to Cycle News, he crashed on Monday Oct 15. after the Open, but I just looked thru the results from the open, and his name doesn't appear anywhere.

I think you might be thinkin of the MXoN.. He did finish 1-1 there.

DieselTech

~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
Yeah, I was thinking of MXoN.......I realized that after I went back and looked at the results from the US Open. MXoN....another event I would have liked to see...... I sure hope Speed covers Canadian MX and AX this coming year and not just SX. I wonder why they didn't cover the US Open or MXoN? Or maybe ESPN, for that matter. I am surprised by that. :think:

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I'm waiting for the AMA to increase the two stroke cc limits in the lites class. Obviously the proof is out there that the 250F's are more = to the 250 smokers than 125's. I think up to 200 cc would be a good start. I'm sure it'll be coming right on down the pipeline :)

DieselTech

~SPONSOR~
Jan 21, 2007
Honestly, I don't think that the AMA wants 2T's racing anymore. Both displacement limits (lites class & open class) give the 4T's an advantage in the power department. However......it is 90% rider & 10% bike - I'd like to see RC compete on a 250 2T....against all the 450's.......but, of course, that doesn't sell new 450's, now does it?

Like everything else on this planet - it's the greenbacks that rule the decision-making process.

Top Bottom