UFO headlight?

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
My brother orderd a new headlight for his 98 200 and it came with the strapes. Do they hold good or should we try to find like a OEM style headlight cover?

Thxs
ELF

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the rubber straps allow the headlight to give a little upon impact, most people prefer this, and this is actualy how the light is mounted on the KLX

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
What about the DHH or double head light? Do they work well? Do they take more power to run?

ELF

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I have the DHH CE and it attaches with the straps no problem. Mine works well, but the stock lighting coil doesn't generate enough power to run both filaments simultaneously. so, I only wired up one. No problem.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Some people choose to install a led rear light, or disconnect the rear light totally to give a little more power to power the light

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Moose lighting coil, About $80.00 & led rear tail light. This should solve the problem.

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
css_elfers said:
My brother orderd a new headlight for his 98 200 and it came with the strapes. Do they hold good or should we try to find like a OEM style headlight cover?

Thxs
ELF

I've got the KDX replica light from UFO, with rubber straps. They hold really well, even through a nasty crash. Good to go!

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Thanks all for the input. We start this weekend putting all the new goods on.

ELF

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Ok the head light is on but there was 4 wires to hook up and we only had 2 wires comeing from the bike. We only hooked up the 2 wires and the light isn't very bright. There is 2 bulbs in the new light so I guess I gotta hook up 2 more wires to run to the light right?

ELF

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Ok, I'll ask it a diffrent way. The new light came with 2 bulbs (1 bigger bulb and 1 smaller flater bulb) with 2 wires for each light. The bike has 2 wires for the stock light, anyone know how I can hook up the other 2 wires?

Later,
ELF

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Your stock stator only has enough wattage to power one of the two bulbs. On your new headlight, one bulb is probably a wide distribution pattern and the other is a pencil beam light. Typically, you would just hook up the wide patter bulb and tape off the other two wires. If you want to run both lights at the same time you will need to have the stator rewound to generate more power.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…