j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
I thought it'd be kinda fun to have an ugly bike contest. Here's the rules:

1. Bike must be in running, ridable condition at the time the picture is taken.

2. Dirtbikes only. No street bikes or those little things with a 3hp lawnmower engine.

3. Mud does not count as ugly. Grease/oil/spooge does.

4. Because I cannot see attachments (grr), you'll have to either post the link to a seperate website, or have a thumbnail of the picture (I saw a post with a thumbnail of an attached picture, and for some reason it let me see the fullsized picture)

5. Pictures may be of the bike in the past or the present (i.e. if you have a picture of an ugly bike, that has since then been beautified, you can submit the old picture.)

I'll post my entry soon :p

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000

Attachments

• XT250-vi.jpg
    XT250-vi.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 108

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
Boy, that's pretty tough to beat-more dents than my bike, duct tape on the seat, but that paint job sure looks pretty nice...

Here's my bike (and this is my main ride...pretty pathetic) - <a href="http://geocities.com/bobsbobstore/dscf0002.jpg" target="blank">CLICK HERE</a>

Although you cannot really see it in the picture, the front of the engine from the pipe down is covered in a thick layer of spooge. The paint is chipped everywhere. There's a baseball sized dent in the side of the tank (the bike fell over and landed on a rock), the rear fender is a broken off piece from a 1974 DT175 fender, the ends of the grips are about to fall off (the old ones literally melted, I think I got gas on them), the rear brake pedal is bent totally out of shape, and the kickstarter is held upright by a spring attacked to the carb.

You can see another pic <a href="http://geocities.com/bobsbobstore/dscf0004.jpg" target="blank">HERE</a>.

I can't decide whether it was uglier then, or now. Now it has a new, multicolored fender (the old one was about an inch too short, kept finding a trail of mud up my back) and a rather interesting paint job on the gas tank. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow. Dang, I should have taken a pic today before I took off the half chrome, half rust, shock springs...

I also need to dig up a picture of our DT175. It's pretty hideous too.

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
Oops, forgot geocities won't let you go to pictures from a link. Click <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bobsbobstore/ugly.html" target="blank">HERE</a> for a webpage with both pictures.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
A lot of people thought my bike was really ugly. I dunno. I thought it was really pretty, and so did the guy in the picture. I didn't want to let him ride it, but he said he was a really important moderator at DRN, and he said he would edit me if I didn't let him have it.

Attachments

• Gomer@SSF.jpg
    Gomer@SSF.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 90

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
My old 2 wheel drive ROKON with sprinkler tires would blow those things away. Can't find pics. What a piece that thing was.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
j_freak said:
Boy, that's pretty tough to beat-more dents than my bike, duct tape on the seat, but that paint job sure looks pretty nice...

Yours could have a nice paint job too. Nothing beats a .99cent can of spray paint from the Dollar Store. :thumb: What you cant see is the toliet paper in the head to keep the oil from leaking out. Custom rear fender made from some sheet metal. Custom wheel adjusters to replace the factory ones. The chain is so stretched that the factory one ran out of area to keep it tight. Yes i know i could of removed afew links but didnt think of it at the time. :ugg: I also like my paddle type tire which allows me to play in the huge sawdust pile at the old sawmill.

Funny thing is this is an 82' XT250. I've beat the crap out of it over the past 13 years and never had to fix a single thing on the motor or tranny. Heck, once i figured i'd check the oil and to my susprise it didnt have any. You gotta love its maintence schedule. :laugh:

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
taraker, i love the helmet that dude is wearing in your pic. i still have a few of those old school heavy metallic helmets somewhere. nice bike too.

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
Lonewolf said:
taraker, i love the helmet that dude is wearing in your pic. i still have a few of those old school heavy metallic helmets somewhere. nice bike too.

My stepdad has at least 3 of those helmets: one blue, one orange, and one red.

As repulsivly ugly as that pink scooter is, It's not a dirtbike

taraker, nice entry!

:think: I just remembered that my stepdad has a bike that is so incredibly ugly it would put all these other bikes to shame. Unfortunately, it doesn't run at the moment, and I don't have a picture of it when it did run. (it was just as ugly back then, if not worse) It's a little Honda 50cc dirtbike from the 1950's (?) It features a gas tank that is nothing but rust, an old sock for a gas cap, a piece of bent pipe for footpegs, a seat that has an incredibly mangled seatcover sitting on top of the rusted seat bottom with no foam, and a layer of rust on everything else that I haven't mentioned. It also has a bald rear tire with tire chains on it. Even though it won't count because it doesn't run, I'll take a picture and post it when I get a chance.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
j_freak said:
As repulsivly ugly as that pink scooter is, It's not a dirtbike.
You must be new here.

Attachments

• Played Out.jpg
    Played Out.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 80

j_freak

Feb 7, 2004
JuliusPleaser said:
You must be new here.

Yep, sure am. Joined somewhere around a month ago.

That's a heck of a jump, when am I gonna see some of that action on the pro circuit? :laugh: :laugh:

Mind if I use that pic for my msn display picture? :thumb:

Top Bottom