scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
We had real good time.

My first race serious ride in a year and wasn't sure how long I'd last. Surprisingly I felt good throughout.

I met up with Chris and Steve Sat night and after a beer and some chat we called it a night.

The course was great, the few changes I made to bike really worked out and we all had a great time. This was the best D37 Enduro course I can remember. (I don't get to ride TWMC's) The course had a lot of great flow to it used a bunch of good terrain. I could go pretty quick, staying in control and on time for loop 1. Loop 2 I would fall back on time, then catch up,only to fallback and catch up again. Lather rinse repeat.
Where loop 1 had some nice sections you could flow through, loop two had more rock piles to pinball off and tech challenges. They did a grt job w the hill climbs. Some guys were stuck or stalled, I didn't find them much of a problem. A few tight waterfalls and some flat boulder climbs added a trials element.

Overall it was a great time and a good race. it was good to get our and hang out with Chris, Steve and some of the TWMC crew.

Bike changes:

Went from 90mm to 100mm of sag. Added straight line, rough terrain and sand stability. Gave up a little turning.

Went from 11oz flywheel weight to 13oz. It seemed to slow down the hit and increased low end traction.

Changed from my OS ProGrip grips to mid size Pillow tops. Very comfy on the hands.

All worked out great. very very pleased w the improvements.

I'll see you guys in June. We start baseball with the boys again next week so I'll out till then. :cool:

Tim

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Results are up, I took 5th in my class. 10th out of the TWMC 2 loopers. I'm happy w that for my first race in over a year.

Chris did well, 2nd in his class. (6th TWMC 2 looper) Steve also got 2nd in his old fast guys class.

Good luck the rest of the season guys.

Last edited:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I made some mistakes and feel that I could have done slightly better. I can shoulda, coulda, woulda my way to to 3 points, but it still would not have changed my class position, at least 1st went to another TWMC member, it was fun and that is what I was out there for. Good ride Tim, feel good to get back in the saddle? And yes, Steve can be fast and fast for a long time, damn old people. LOL.

Top Bottom