Nikita

May 21, 2009
Hey, I have no clue what bike I want.
I am 5.6 140 pounds. I want to ride in the woods but on trails. I am not hot for adrenaline so no stunts or anything like that. There are hills though. I will have a 10 year old about 70 lbs some times riding it under very close supervision in an open field with no hilss. Sometimes I will lug him on with me as we ride.
My budget is quite tight so i am acutally looking at about 200 bucks before tax. I do have some mechanical skills but not too keen on the buying parts part. So I am maybe more looking into new.

I am a newbie rider. I have ridden before but its been about 10 years ago. Dont know if you can forget things like that. I dont mind if its manual or automatic. Actually the cheapest would be best. But then again, since there are hills maybe manual is best?

I have no clue what the difference is between dirt bike, pit bike, mini bike and what not. I know that i want 50 or 100 or maximum 125 cc.. I do know that some of the kids bike has 90 kg limit so that is perfect for me and my son on it. But then again what is a kids bike. I have no clue where to start. I live in CANADA Quebec.

I found a site that auctions stuff. It would come to about 230 all in all if i get the right auction price. Some other places i found are 199 bucks. Help please!!

So,
5.6 140 lbs, 10 year old 70 lbs
woods on trails and hills
50 to 125 cc
manual or automatic
budget about 200 bucks
Dont know the differnce between kids of bikes
Kids bike is that a possibility?

Last edited:

Nikita

May 21, 2009
wow. Nice emoticon. You do that to all the newbies..
Anyways here is a list of sites I found .. But i dont know anything about what type they are.
yokomotos com
abibaba ca
giobikes com

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There are no $200 dirt bikes. Someone might take your money and sell you a collection of junk Chinese parts bolted together to resemble what looks like a bike, but you will quickly learn that they took your money under a deliberate and misleading pretense.

Raise your budget expectations about 5 or 6 fold (at a minimum) and go find a nice clean used Honda XR80 or something similar from a Japanese company whose name you recognize, and who has a shop in your hometown. Then you'll get a a real dirtbike you and your kids will be able to enjoy.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Nikita said:
wow. Nice emoticon. You do that to all the newbies..
Anyways here is a list of sites I found .. But i dont know anything about what type they are.
yokomotos com
abibaba ca
giobikes com
Come on!? You seriously think you can get a rideable dirt bike for the price of a bicycle? I certainly wouldn't trust my child to a 200 dollar dirt bike. As Rich said, save up until you can afford a reliable bike like a crf, ttr, klx and the appropriate protective gear.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
_JOE_ said:
Come on!? You seriously think you can get a rideable dirt bike for the price of a bicycle?

LOL Joe :rotfl: You can barely get a decent set of bicycle wheels for $200. :whoa:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Even if you bought the gear used that you and your son will need to be safe, you will spend more than $200. I have a friend that, to my dismay, bought a chinese manufactured 4 wheeler. It is a piece of crap. If you dont have at least a grand to spend, I would save money until I had enough to buy a reliable, safe brand named motorcycle.

Top Bottom