High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I didn't have the lights but I did have a siren from the alarm system of a chicken house. I wasn't dumb enough to mess with random people, just cute girls.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
thought maybe it was an elaborate april fool's joke, but . . .

http://www.wftv.com/news/27353492/detail.html

and here we thought we were done with the hooliganism with a rehabilitated Jason Lawrence

Unfortunately for James (and the rest of today's MXers) information flows too fast these days. Mitch Payton stories are allegedly legend in the MX community, but he has seemed to skate from all of his hijinks through the years. Nowadays, nobody can get away with anything.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
XRpredator said:
Nowadays, nobody can get away with anything.

So you think this was the first time the lights got used?

I understand the stars of today have much less privacy.
However, in exchange for the loss of privacy, they get paid vastly more than they did decades ago.

Call me old fashioned, but IMO, with the big bucks and a high profile comes responsibility to protect the image of your sponsors 24/7.

'What if I get caught?' needs to at least cross your mind when you are making bank.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
dirt bike dave said:

However, in exchange for the loss of privacy, they get paid vastly more than they did decades ago.

Call me old fashioned, but IMO, with the big bucks and a high profile comes responsibility to protect the image of your sponsors 24/7.

'What if I get caught?' needs to at least cross your mind when you are making bank.

You're old fashioned. :)

But right. :nod:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Nothing surprises me but when you got everything you've got everything to lose - idiot! Hope it's not true and just some kind of joke. The "Tiger Woods" of MX/SX, uh yeah right.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
You know, I was young once, so I can relate to the occasional lapse in judgement.

And maybe when you do massive triples and blaze through whoops for a living, you need to up the ante for what you do for excitement in your time off.

And, hey, no one got hurt (unlike one of Pastrana's more famous off track incidents).

So I'm willing to cut him some slack...

But using lights to pull over some cops, then running, then trying to hide the lights...

I'm having trouble processing. His 'role model' quotient has taken a big dive.

Anxiously awaiting the upcoming statement from the Stewart camp, to see if he admits fault and says "My bad", or if we get a long string of excuses about how he may have contributed to the situation, but was not really at fault.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
hmm...only a $1000 bond..

Attachments

• stewie.jpg
    stewie.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 175

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
When you are 25, you are no longer young and dumb. Money truly can not buy everything. Who was his patsy though, Quinault Thames Jehrrod? A 44 year old buddy? What a couple of morons. Jimmy Mac wants to reside behind bars for a while, no soap on a rope though! NEXT!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Speculation on some other sites is he may not be allowed to leave the state, killing his chances at the SX title.

It's official: This is the most bizarre SX season in history.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:

X3... we've got kids looking up to these guys. A good example should be set IMO.

I "heard" (on another not-so-highly-truth-reliable) site that pot and beer was confiscated from under the vehicles seat too... can't confirm though. I researched it myself and found nothing to back up the claim.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
he is 25, so beer under the seat isn't that big a deal. Empties might be. Weed, now that's bad, mmmkay?

maybe he can hook up with Lawrence for team J-Law/J-Stew

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Someone said:
He who without sin cast the first stone...

I cant say that I've been busted for something like that, but I've done my share of "wrong stuff" over my years, yes, mostly when I was young, but never the less... I just never got caught.

While I agree that those who thrust themselves into the light, rather intentionally or not, are held to a higher standard, but there are a lot of holier than thou when they make similar mistakes the rest of us have at one time or another.

If our problem is that our kids look up to a motorcycle rider (sports figure, rock star, movie star, etc.), maybe we should re-evaluate what we promote or allow our kids to look up to? Stewart is a good motocycle rider and gets paid to ride a motorcycle. That's it. He's not paid to teach our kids life leasons and if you expect him (or others) to, you are askng for failure. You teach your kids. Not the "stars". They hire these guys to ride and then just hope they aren't idiots.

Ourr expectations of his human existance are our own, don't be freaked when he doesn't live up to it. His millions somehow make his stupid stuff worse than your stupid stuff? Bottom line is we (society) look up to these entertainers WAY too much.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Instant scumbag status in my opinion, I hope every sponsor leaves him by the end of the week. There is two things in my opinion that earn you this status - Lying about military service and impersonating an officer of the law.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
Yeah that rape, child abuse, spousal abuse, theft, murder, etc., is all over rated :)

Officer of the law? Really? Over paid, money generating meter maids. When was the last time a cop actually STOPPED a crime? Don't they usually just show-up to string some yellow tape and write in a little notebook?

I notice you didn't mock military service. I'm sure the families of all the officers who have lost their lives doing their jobs would appreciate that view.

Top Bottom