2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
I cant say that I've been busted for something like that, but I've done my share of "wrong stuff" over my years, yes, mostly when I was young, but never the less... I just never got caught.

While I agree that those who thrust themselves into the light, rather intentionally or not, are held to a higher standard, there is a lot of holier than thou when they make similar mistakes the rest of us have at one time or another. Difference is, we don't have all the money or cameras on us and somehow because they are "rich, it's worse than the ahole down the street? Are they not both humans? Doesn't the dude down the street play a bigger part of your life than a TV/sports personality?

If your problem is that your kids look up to a motorcycle rider (sports figure, rock star, movie star, etc.), maybe you should re-evaluate what you promote or allow your kids to look up to. Stewart is a good motocycle rider and gets paid to ride a motorcycle. That's it. He's not paid to teach your kid life leasons and if you expect him (or others) to, you are askng for failure. YOU teach your kids. Not the "stars".

YOUR expectations of his human existance is your own, don't be freaked when he doesn't live up to it. His millions somehow make his stupid stuff worse than your stupid stuff? Right.
Bullsh*t.

I've done MUCH worse stuff than James and it pisses me off to see someone make those choices, because when I was a badass/rebel/delinquint/a**hole, I would use someone that was a bad example (but "popular") as a scape-goat. It sucks... period!

Morals require a different pedistal.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Chili said:
Well at least we have finally figured out how he get's through the pack so fast some weeks.

Stolen from another poster at Vital MX.

g40cMi.gif

I am stealing that one also Chili

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
oldguy said:
Yep that is how I apparently spent 28 years of my life
And thank you Sir.

Lawyers... :|

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
holeshot said:
hmm...only a $1000 bond..
Hmmm is right. His full name is James Mark Stewart, not James MACK StewarD, I smell an April fools joke. Mispelling of middle and last name?? On a booking sheet? If it is not a joke, that will get tossed out of court for clerical error.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Thump said:
Hmmm is right. His full name is James Mark Stewart, not James MACK StewarD, I smell an April fools joke. Mispelling of middle and last name?? On a booking sheet? If it is not a joke, that will get tossed out of court for clerical error.
Well someone got pretty elaborate with this if it is a joke. Videos of the FSP explaining the circumstances and the Orlando newspaper covering it.

$1000 bond doesn't seem unusual for a non violent charge especially a first time offender.
Misspellings on booking sheets WILL NOT cause it to be tossed out they would be amended and the photo and finger prints take precedence in identifying the offender. The criminal complaint needs to be more accurate but that also can be amended to cover inconsistencies like misspelling a name or wrong date of birth as well as facts of the crime.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Doubt it's an April Fools joke, though I must admit that was my first reaction and the name Thames Jharred Quinault seems pretty fishy to me. Not many guys are named after two rivers in England.

If it's an elaborate joke, shouldn't JBS be focussed on other things, like winning the SX title?

OK, flashing some lights to get your buddy to the airport faster is not in the same league as pretending to be an officer for purposes of a serious crime. But it's stupid, and the laws are on the books for good reason.

Then running from the cops? Hiding evidence? DUMB DUMB DUMB. I guess his lawyer can say he did not see the badge, etc...

My guess is the prosecutor will load up the charges, Bubba's lawyers will plea bargain it down and six months from now he'll get a stiff fine and community service.

Some of the coverage indicates they'll confiscate his truck and auction it off. Not a big fan of the government seizing a man's ride over what could be a prank gone bad. OTOH, it's hard to defend JBS if he was acting like a complete idiot.

Kind of curious what the AMA is going to do, if anything. Practical joke or not, he's gotten tons of negative press for the sport.

Last edited:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL yea maybe the AMA will do something maybe they won't. but i bet one thing for sure if they do................. they will get the negative crap.

this wasnt' a "racing incident"...........

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I'm with Oldguy, criminal charges are not tossed out of court for "clerical errors." A lot of times people are arrested and booked under completely false names because no identification present and they lie to the officers. Even charges from the DA can have the wrong name or spelling and they can later be amended to fit the facts.
I think DBDave is probably right in this case, it's probably a fine/community service and probation crime. I also wonder about the vehicle confiscation as well. Usually not applied If no transporting drugs are involved. It might well be pled down to misdemeanor anyway.
No matter how you slice it and dice it though, it was dumb. It is also funny in a way. I bet Stewart probably doesn't see the humor in it though.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
oldguy said:
Misspellings on booking sheets WILL NOT cause it to be tossed out they would be amended and the photo and finger prints take precedence in identifying the offender. The criminal complaint needs to be more accurate but that also can be amended to cover inconsistencies like misspelling a name or wrong date of birth as well as facts of the crime.
Good to know. I just think it is a little fishy that the misspelled his middle and last name. I sure hope he was not retarded enough to really impersonate an officer.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Someone said:
He who without sin cast the first stone...

I got nuthin'. ;) :laugh: :rotfl:

Dayum! What a season this is turning out to be. :cool:

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Chili said:
Instant scumbag status in my opinion, I hope every sponsor leaves him by the end of the week. There is two things in my opinion that earn you this status - Lying about military service and impersonating an officer of the law.

Seriously??

I'm not saying it was smart, but there are a LOT worse things than flashing fake police lights to help you get through traffic faster. It's not like he was "impersonating an officer" to aide in accomplishing something sinister. IMHO, anyone who gets busted for drunk driving is 100x as big of a "scumbag" compared to what James did. At least he wasn't putting anyone's life/well being in danger.... I won't even talk about the child molesters, rapists, armed robbers, murderers, etc.

I've personally done worse "pranks"... but not at 25 yrs old. Granted, these mx racers don't go to highschool and live in a different world than most of us, so I imagine their maturity is lagging behind the rest of us by quite a bit.

Last edited:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Chili said:
Instant scumbag status in my opinion, I hope every sponsor leaves him by the end of the week. There is two things in my opinion that earn you this status - Lying about military service and impersonating an officer of the law.

There are a lot of police officers around the country who are "impersonating an officer of the law" - if by that term "officer of the law", you mean someone who intends to "protect and serve".

I'm not sure where "instant scumbag" status fits in, Chili . . . Is impersonating a police officer and lying about being in the military worse than murder? Rape? Theft? Adultery?

I assume not. There are a LOT of things a lot worse than the two things you seem so upset about.

That said, I would have no problem if he's dumped from the team and if all the sponsors dump him. I don't like the guy much, anyway. Great talent, but not very smart on the track (and now that's publically extended to his off track activities).

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Thump said:

Not likely. The Prosecutor will be permitted to amend the booking sheet, if it's even raised as an issue.

Fellows, the Courts aren't THAT technical. I work them everyday.

$1000 bond is a lot for a 1st degree misdemeanor - around here you'll NEVER have to pay a cash bond on an M1. I'm representing a woman charged with 3rd 4th and 5th degree drug felonies and her bond was a personal recognizance.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Shoot, if it's just a misspelling of my name that can get me off of stuff, I'm going to tell them my name is spelled "Francisco Boogerhaven"

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
YamaB said:
Seriously??

I'm not saying it was smart, but there are a LOT worse things than flashing fake police lights to help you get through traffic faster. It's not like he was "impersonating an officer" to aide in accomplishing something sinister. IMHO, anyone who gets busted for drunk driving is 100x as big of a "scumbag" compared to what James did. At least he wasn't putting anyone's life/well being in danger.... I won't even talk about the child molesters, rapists, armed robbers, murderers, etc.

I've personally done worse "pranks"... but not at 25 yrs old. Granted, these mx racers don't go to highschool and live in a different world than most of us, so I imagine their maturity is lagging behind the rest of us by quite a bit.

Are you implying that home schooling creates a less mature individual?

I know probably 30 people (including myself and my wife) who are proof of exactly the opposite.

Home schoolers get significantly better grades than average, tend to be far more mature than their equivalents in public school. In fact, several of the "kids" I know who were home schooled joined the military. Guess who were the leaders of their platoons. . .?

Hint. . . it wasn't the public schoolers.

If the parents are nut cases, then the person is going to be less so - regardless of where they went to school. For example, the Alessi parents are far more to blame for Mike's behavior than the method of schooling.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Isn't there a saying that goes something like

"Money does nothing but magnify who a person all ready is".

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
robwbright said:
Are you implying that home schooling creates a less mature individual?

I know probably 30 people (including myself and my wife) who are proof of exactly the opposite.

Home schoolers get significantly better grades than average, tend to be far more mature than their equivalents in public school. In fact, several of the "kids" I know who were home schooled joined the military. Guess who were the leaders of their platoons. . .?

Hint. . . it wasn't the public schoolers.

If the parents are nut cases, then the person is going to be less so - regardless of where they went to school. For example, the Alessi parents are far more to blame for Mike's behavior than the method of schooling.

I tend to agree with you. I suspect your home schooling was more about your education and less about your need for "more time to practice a sport, that could lead to a profession". I am seeing that more around here than I believe is prudent. There is a stigma to the "celebrity" home schooling.

I can admire a person's skill set, without making them a role model. In my opinion my parents were excellent role models, and neither had any particular outstanding skill set, except possibly unconditional love.

From what I have read. He not only flashed lights, but effectively pulled over the car. From one of the news agencies "The car pulled over and the truck pulled alongside, the passenger then rolled down the window to yell "you need to slow down" at which point the driver of the car "flashed his badge" the truck then pulled away." What are the odds it was the first time??

I suspect I wouldn't get treated much differently doing the same thing. It just wouldn't be as big of a news story. :nod:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
robwbright,

:cool: Welcome Home bro.

John,
a sinner redeemed and I didn't even deserve it.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
[Mod Edit] You KNOW the rules, take the religious rants some place else.

Now on to the James subject: it was stupid, no doubt, but was harmless. Actually, when I was 16 a friend of mine was one of the first people I ever met that had a strobe system with red and blue lights on his show-truck. Normally, he had them wired into his "system" and they would quickly pulse with the rhythm of the music. After a day of boredom and no luck fishing, we decided to pull this exact prank on multiple people in my home town, and once they pulled over, we would pull up beside them, tell them to slow it down a bit, then take off. Regular old kid stuff with no harm to anyone. However, a Sheriff saw us doing it and pulled us over. He ended up lecturing us for about 15 minutes on how it was a felony, and "although it seem harmless" (his exact words), it led to people doubting the validity of being pulled over in the future. It all made sense whenever he said that, so we apologized, he laughed it off, and we parted ways.

Had I been 25 when I did this, I'm guessing that it would have led to a different result, and that would probably be especially true if I were black (I lived in a small town with some REAL race issues), but none-the-less was ignorant. That being said, it's nothing to crucify James over. It was a foolish choice of actions, but we've all been there, and I would PROMISE that each one of you who are quick to pass judgment and attempt to hold him to a higher standard have done an awful lot worse that you've both been caught for, and not.

For the others that want him to be held to such higher standards as he is the supposed to be a "role model," well, take your own responsibility for raising your children right and quit using celebrities as your way of teaching YOUR children their moral code. Basically, buck-up and quit being lazy parents. Understand that YOU'RE the problem. This guy is just a motocross rider, just as every other entertainer is just that. If you want your kids to be raised with good moral standards and introspect of character, take responsibility for their upbringing and quit holding other people responsible.

Last edited by a moderator:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
wake_rider said:
[Mod Edit] You KNOW the rules, take the religious rants some place else.

Now on to the James subject: it was stupid, no doubt, but was harmless. Actually, when I was 16 a friend of mine was one of the first people I ever met that had a strobe system with red and blue lights on his show-truck. Normally, he had them wired into his "system" and they would quickly pulse with the rhythm of the music. After a day of boredom and no luck fishing, we decided to pull this exact prank on multiple people in my home town, and once they pulled over, we would pull up beside them, tell them to slow it down a bit, then take off. Regular old kid stuff with no harm to anyone. However, a Sheriff saw us doing it and pulled us over. He ended up lecturing us for about 15 minutes on how it was a felony, and "although it seem harmless" (his exact words), it led to people doubting the validity of being pulled over in the future. It all made sense whenever he said that, so we apologized, he laughed it off, and we parted ways.

Had I been 25 when I did this, I'm guessing that it would have led to a different result, and that would probably be especially true if I were black (I lived in a small town with some REAL race issues), but none-the-less was ignorant. That being said, it's nothing to crucify James over. It was a foolish choice of actions, but we've all been there, and I would PROMISE that each one of you who are quick to pass judgment and attempt to hold him to a higher standard have done an awful lot worse that you've both been caught for, and not.

For the others that want him to be held to such higher standards as he is the supposed to be a "role model," well, take your own responsibility for raising your children right and quit using celebrities as your way of teaching YOUR children their moral code. Basically, buck-up and quit being lazy parents. Understand that YOU'RE the problem. This guy is just a motocross rider, just as every other entertainer is just that. If you want your kids to be raised with good moral standards and introspect of character, take responsibility for their upbringing and quit holding other people responsible.

Why did I look up your profile? Ummm, maybe to find out you're still in your twenties.

I think we've gone beyond Stewert here.

Don't tell me how to raise my sons, thank you.

Top Bottom