"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
I was just wondering if anyone is going to ride this, I never have this will be my first :ohmy:
. I'll be there with a bunch us racing Sunday our ages range from 20 years open 250 class, +30 class, +35 class (me) all C.
I looked at some prior threads from last year and I was looking to see how many hours for the c riders, dead start?
I know it's a 9-mile loop with U1 and U2 involved with some woods. After the c riders are finished would we have time to see the pro's.
Any reply would be greatly appriciated.

xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
ill be there racing the schoolboy 12-17, yes its a dead engine start and 2 hours, last year the track was fairly tight xcept the MX track of course. depening on what time you planning on leaving will decide if you have time to watch the pro race. the pro racers usually line up around the time you get back to your trailor from your race and they run for 3 hours.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I am planning on going, but i am not racing my son will be racing in the mini's. You should be back in time to see the pro's take off. Hopefully you will feel like walking back to the starting line to watch them. If the starting line is were it was last year you will want to drive straight in as far as you can go and find a spot to park. But that fills up quicky with motorhomes staying all weekend. Good luck hope you have a good run.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Thanks guys. Last year was the start near the starting gate on U1 (the concrete gate)??
I'll be there Saturday afternoon, I'll be riding my 300xcw (no #'s) on Sunday hope to see you guys there and good luck to all who enter. :p

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Oh no, the starting line is way down in a field. Its a good hike from MX track. At lease thats where it was last year. GNCC does not always have the start in same place from year to year. The finish line was at the top of a long hill on the MX track.

xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
This race is probably the most you have to walk on the GNCC series, last year i had to walk from side to side and it took me forever but atleast i got my blood running for the race. Ill have the yz 125 number 725 black backround.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Brock Hepler and John Dowd are both racing the GNCC at Unadilla! I wish I could make it to watch. HOpe you guys have fun.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
:nod: Oh yeah. We decided to head up tonite, I will try to take some pics and post them here. Good luck to all and have fun!

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
So how did you guys do? I finished 2 laps, trophied got 11th and made it to work on Monday. One of us DNF'd he had a Yamaha :| couldn't start it at the 5 mile mark piece of $H&!. The other placed 12th. I had the hole shot till the beginning of the first turn then got passed in the inside for second, got grid locked in the woods about 300 yards after the start, put me back behind the leader about 1:40. All I have to say after the dark skies at the start and 1/2 hour down pour the skies cleared but the track was SICK!! roots, deep ruts, smoke, steam, slippery off camber hills ohh yeah less we not forget DILLA MUD
. I saw bikes piled on top of bikes on the sides of hills with no riders on them. What a day!
GNCC results: http://www.gnccracing.com/news/2006/092506_UnadillaNews.htm

Attachments

• 0925061631b.jpg
    0925061631b.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 0925061637.jpg
    0925061637.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
i had a very bad day, i traveled the 8 hours to find a mud race which i hate. coming off one of my best races ever from NC i went right into my worst race of all time. i made one lap and said i quit, i threw my numberplate by my trailor becuase it was coming off and someone i geuss took it when my friend and dad wasnt looking, now i have to buy a new one and all new backgrounds.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I traveled 13hours for my son to get 17th place. Not his fault thought there were about 30plus in his class. He got in the woods about 8th place and worked his way to 2nd when it started to loose water. He made 3 laps before it quit and had to be towed in. At least the mini's missed all the rain.

flyinzuki

Jan 27, 2001
27th out of 48 in 250B

MUD, MUD, MUD, Greasy, Heavy, Sticky, Rutty, Mud, and Roots too.
I only did two laps in three hours, last year I did five in the same time. :ahhh:
254 overall out of 450+
The good 'ole '90 pulled me through again!

granby607

Jun 12, 2002
7th. of 30 in Sr.B

168 overall. 1st GNCC ever run. Nornally run WNYOA hare scrambles. Worst conditions I've ever raced in. Fun to watch the leaders ride by tho.... 3 times each !!!
Would have been a blast on the dry.... well, maybe next year...

flyinzuki

Jan 27, 2001
COOL, nice start rippinrol.
I hit neutral at the start but it actually worked, there were pile-ups at the first three corners that I just rode around.

Hare Scramble, Where?
I'm one of those guys that came out of retirement to race the first Unadilla, renewed my AMA just to race it this year too.
I guess I could throw a H.S. in there too!

Now go edit that last post and change that s to a z...thanks

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
flyinzuki said:
Hare Scramble, Where?
I'll post it I have to get more info. Come to think, it might be a dual sport or turkey run.

flyinzuki said:
Now go edit that last post and change that s to a z...thanks
:) :) ooh soo sorry my bad. Done.
Ya know, if you had a KTM things would be more simple. :nener:

ebers17

Apr 25, 2006
Yeah Unadilla was awesome! Completly bad luck for us bunch that went down though. I had my buddy racing the front row in the mini's, and was in the mix up front. At one point on the 2nd lap, he was 3rd overall. He came by lap 3 in 4th, right on 2nd and 3rd only to have his front sprocket lose the snap ring and come off ending his day. He was flying, it was such a bummer to have him up front overall at a national like that and to have something so silly like that happen.
Things didn't go good for me either, I raced the 250 B class, you might have seen me on a Yz, a big fella with a Orange Horn on top of the helmet! :cool: I didn't get the greatest start, but was ahead of more than half the class heading into the woods. As soon as we hit the woods, my clutch got hot and had all sorts of play, and blew all the coolant out as well. So I hiked out, grabbed coolant and went back at it, only to lose more coolant so I found a course worker and found my way back out to the pits, where I filled a couple bottles with coolant, put them in a fanny pack and finished one lap in just under 2 hours. It was a very miserable day having to stop every 10 minutes to put coolant in, but afterwards, it was still fun I guess! To anyone who even attempted to race that, I give credit to them. Hopefully, the 3rd times the charm and it won't rain there next year!

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
flyinzuki said:
Hare Scramble, Where?

Here is the info: http://www.teamhammer.org/events.htm

Has anyone ridden this? I would have to modify the 300 to participate, so I don't know. :think:
I might go just to pit for my friend and see Lafferty ride..
Bye the way it's good to see some posts of fellow Unadilla riders, hope to see you guys next year!

Top Bottom