hakujin01

Feb 16, 2009
My KDX 200 is spitting oil out what looks like an overflow tube right in front of the silencer. The pipe and silencer are both pro circuit, and my fuel mixture ratio is 41/1, do I need to repack my silencer? or is that still to rich? Thanks.

murf007

Dec 16, 2008
A number of years ago when I first started riding bikes my kx80 used to dribble black gold after repacking the muffler the bike shop leaned out the f/a mixture and it came right. I unfortunately learned to open the throttle more before the mixture was put back to normal and had a slight melt down!!! moral of story ride hard and change nothing or lean out mixture and be bloody careful when the right hand twists more for longer.

hakujin01

Feb 16, 2009
Haha, I had been thinking it might be because I don't like to keep my bike tacked out. My bike has Boyesen reeds, Wiseco pistons, and it's piped so i get great low end. So I am just not fully burning all the oil just because i'm not being excessively hard on the bike? Too bad the stuff is so hard to clean off =P Also, I do NOT want to lean it out.. I ride and focus more on snowmobiles, and from that experience, being kinda rich is 10x better than being a TAD lean. =) ill just clean the darn oil off.

Top Bottom