Understanding FRP's clicker suggestions

VenturaDC

Jul 23, 2009
I see that on FRP's website they suggest starting at 8 clicks out on both comp and rebound.

Does "out" mean turn the clicker in(righty) till its stops and turn it back(lefty) 8 turns?

Thats what it seems to me but searching the forums has led to some confusion, ive seen threads where people say that turns "out" is actually turning in from all the way out.

Id just like to confirm before messing with my clickers.

Also anyone have a good starting point for a kdx out in the desert? Most my riding is 4th gear and higher over whoops and rocks.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
VenturaDC said:
Does "out" mean turn the clicker in(righty) till its stops and turn it back(lefty) 8 turns?

This.

VenturaDC said:
Also anyone have a good starting point for a kdx out in the desert? Most my riding is 4th gear and higher over whoops and rocks.

Revalve and respring your forks. You will want stiffer springs for the whoops, and less high speed compression damping for the rocks.

If you have any money left over, get a steering damper.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
yes turn all the way clockwise then count out

be very careful when turning the rebound (bottom screw) on the rear shock when it gives resistance and seems like there might be one more click STOP there isn't one more click and you'll jamb the needle shaft in the bypass port and it will stick there untill you disassemble and push it back manually with a long narrow rod. I know because I did this :bang:

for less high speed compression as DBD suggests you can look up shim stack mod here...this little trick is simple and it really saved me from giving up riding.
good luck :cool:

Top Bottom