wjp

Nov 15, 2001
Hi,

reading the post's here I see that most people have a very good understanding of suspension. For someone like me its very hard to fully understand whats being discussed.
Does anyone know any web sites that go though the basics if suspension, with some pictures, that that I can fully understand all the different valves,shims,oils,compression settings etc??
thanks,
Wayne

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I don't proclaim to be an expert or even to having a 'good' knowledge of suspension but I wrote this a while back, maybe it will help - http://www.dirtbike.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10474

There's also some good info on www.mx-tech.com & www.tootechracing.com. Just reading through old posts in this forum you'll learn a lot...

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
this forum is great and the best on the new for all around info, but you have to stick around and maybe go back and read old posts etc. Kevin stillwell from GP racing also has an excellent website for understanding how shim stacks work- www.shimprogram.com and he is a super nice guy to talk to!!!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
This is the place to be. I am a very average mechanic. The guys here talked me through a shock rebuild. I did it myself! I think that says everything right there!

Most of the posts here look like a foreigh language. Just keep reading them. Eventually, things start to become more clear.

That is, until Jeremy gets fired up. THEN it gets really complicated!

Top Bottom