Danny8785

Jul 23, 2001
My father went out and bought a can of "Berryman B-9 Chem-Dip, carburetor and parts cleaner" yesterday to clean out an old Xr100's carburetor. I wanted to see if this stuff was any good so i tossed a couple of old, fouled plugs in it. I let them sit for about an hour pulled them out, they looked so good after wiping them off and spraying with starting fluid i desided to try one in my bike. It started first kick and i rode it for about two hours with no trouble. The other one that i had put worked two! The first one i had tryed was a br9eg out of my friends cr125. I don't think it will damage regular non resistor plugs but i am kind of worried about it messing up these resistor plugs. If this stuff keeps working it would be practical for a moto family to buy, all two-strokes foul plugs occasionally and it would save money in the long run. Plus you can clean about any thing with it so it might be a good idea to pick up some. Does anybody know if it will damage the plugs? please tell me so i will stop using it to. Sorry if i put this in the wrong forum, none seemed right.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
all two-strokes foul plugs occasionally and it would save money in the long run
Mine does not foul plugs.:) If it ever did, I would rather spend the buck fifty at pep boys for a new plug. Electrical contact cleaner can also save plugs. It worked wonders for my friends plug at the track.

Danny8785

Jul 23, 2001
If you are like me, and work on bikes all the time this stuff will be a good investment. You can use it to clean carbs, take off paint, clean brakes and brake parts, and even unfoul plugs. A friend of mine refuses to rejet his bike a fouls a plug on every trip, so it would be easy for him to take a few of the nine-thousand plugs he fouled and drop them in that cleaner for an hour so that he does not have to buy a new plug every trip. I just recomended this stuff because it has a lot of uses, and is worth the money for most of us. Never fouled a plug, i guess you have never crashed either huh. If you had you would have fouled at least one plug. I foul plugs riding on trails pulling a tall gear, if i kept it wound out it probly would not foul them often. Even with my riding style i only foul one after about 20 hours of riding.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
This works.....

take a lighter and burn the plug for 15 or 20 seconds. Much Much faster and it works. You learn this if your up in the mountains in the winter snowmobiling and one of your plugs foul. And i've never fouled a plug on any of the newer MX bikes that i've owned

Danny8785

Jul 23, 2001
I have tryed that before but it never seems to work for me (when i need it to). I don't think that I really have a bad fouling problem, people tell me that i ride mine (1994 kdx 200) kind of easy. The only time I ever hit the "powerband" is during a drag race and going up hills. My freind has a 2001 CR125 that constantly fouls plugs, and he also keeps it reved up all the time. He won't change the jetting or even go down a number on the plug. The only plug he will put in it is a BR9EG and he says he gets tired of buying 5 dollar plugs all the time. This stuff made those fouled plugs look new, and i was more or less talkin to poe ple with his problem

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by Danny8785
A friend of mine refuses to rejet his bike a fouls a plug on every trip, so it would be easy for him to take a few of the nine-thousand plugs he fouled and drop them in that cleaner for an hour so that he does not have to buy a new plug every trip.
It would be even easier for him to jet his bike properly so he would stop fouling plugs. Plug fouling (or lack of;) ) is only one benefit of taking the time to jet your bike properly, more power and better response are also nice little bonuses.

Top Bottom