Unidentified FMF spark arrestor, help me figure out what it is.

May 18, 2006
When i got my bike, the guy i got it from also gave me a bag of various parts and plastics with it. In the bag was a stock silencer, and an fmf silencer, i know its fmf because its engraved on the side, however, its no sticker. what is engraved is "FMF RACING, SPARK ARRESTOR, USFS APPROVED, MODEL # TDS - 3" i haven't taken it apart yet but i did shine a flashlight in the tip, and it looks pretty weird in there. it has a small pipe in the end chamber that has a dead end, and around that a fan like design that the exhaust comes through. Im gonna take it apart and see if the packing is good, if so im gonna throw it on out of curiosity, if anyone has any idea what silencer this may be let me know! thanks for any help folks.

fizzle

~SPONSOR~
Apr 21, 2006
alligatorbling said:
it has a small pipe in the end chamber that has a dead end, and around that a fan like design that the exhaust comes through.

Sounds like it's a Turbine Core. Should have allen bolts on the front, rivets on the back of the silencer that connects all the "stuff" to the canister. To change the packing, all you have to do is remove the allen bolts and the front end with the internal pipe will pull out of the canister. No need to drill the rivets out and remove the "turbine" spark arrestor unless it needs goo cleaned out of it.

Top Bottom