davieboy48

Sep 18, 2007
Hey im 14 and im starting to think about what bike i want to get in around 1 or 2 years i currently have a thumpstar 125cc.

So far ive been looking at the ttr 230, ttr 250, honda crf250x, yamaha wr250f and the honda xr250

I want a 4 stroke and a pretty realiable bike.

I tend to ride in mostly woods type areas so far no real hard woods tracks mainly open and muddy and bumpy and i dont race.

What bike do you think would be best??

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
If you like aggressive riding and become experianced, XR can be boring. Maybe you can buy a CRF250X after you gain enough experiance. Or if you have money, you can start with it, but be careful..

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
Sure, they are very good for tight trails too. Light, powerful and handy. I don't know about year, but I know that both of them are great bikes for trail riding.

May 10, 2007
davieboy48 said:
would it be a good idea buying like a second hand crf250x or wr250f???
what year do u guys recommend

years have little differences. i would look for the newest one. buying used thumpers can be a gamble cuz not everyone takes good care of their bikes. and high performance engines like the crf-x and wr-f's need a lot of work engine wise.

Jan 3, 2007
davieboy48
, if you can find someone that checks valves every 10 to 20 hours and adjust as needed you would have a good bike. The XR or TTR are much easyer to take care of but the CRFX and WRF will have lots more power. Just make sure you know the past of the bike and you should be fine.

Top Bottom