lukesh40

Dec 8, 2005
Yo Guys, got a problem with my 01' YZ125. I Was at the track yesterday ridin and (i later found out) my throttle cable somehow got disconnected from the throttle valve in the carbeurator. I took the carb apart, reconnected the cable, put the bike back together, and BAM! it does it again. Any ideas on what I'm missing here? Do I maybe need to just replace the cable all together?

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
There should be a plastic retainer under the return spring. It should have a guide which fits in the needle retainer bolt. That is what is supposed to keep it in. Another possibility is that the needle retaining bolt slot has been spread apart. Of course the last thing is the knob on the end of the cable is bad.

lukesh40

Dec 8, 2005
Yeah i'll have to check that when i get home for the summer. i'm up at school now and was just home for Easter. When i took the carb apart the plastic retainer spring looked fine, although i didn't thorougly check the needle retaining part. Sounds like that might be the issue because the knob on the cable was fine. Thanks for the input man, it is greatly appreciated!

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
my bike also did this twice on me, both times i just fixed it on the trail and never had a problem again. guess i'll never know what it was.

Top Bottom