Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Matt (mafols) has firmed up a date for the upcoming ride in central Louisiana and has told me to invite everyone that wants to experience how Cajuns have fun.

Where: National Forest near Forest Hills LA.
When: Last weekend of February ... aka Feb 24th through Feb 26th

The only thing we have to worry about is the rain. They will close the forest if it is too wet.

Post up if you are interested.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im in tony and im trying to talk james and danny into going too. (the guys at the arenacross).

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Gene: Steve and Tim are thinking about coming as well. If Tim comes, Scott (Cut-in-Shoot) will come as well I bet.

I am gonna see Gary on Wednesday.

I have a buddy from China (TX) that I might ask about coming. He doesn't ride bikes, but he can knock back some beer and cooks up a storm. I would buy him an apron, but he is big enough to knock me into next month, although as gentle as a lamb. The big one's always are!

Tim has a house I'm sure he will tow.

This is gonna be fun. Do a non-rain dance for Central LA everyone! :yeehaw:

I'm gonna pull the black trailer down for a place to sleep.

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Time to bring this one to the top!!!

OK folks, don't be panty waists. Matt assures me that the trails will be open. They got rain there this last weekend and are expecting more over the coming weekend, but it takes 2 inches in 24 hours to close the trails.

That spells traction!

I took my 200 in to have the fork seals replaced (I'm too busy) so my 200 will be ready and raring to go. It was just happy to get out of the tomb (aka trailer) that I put it in that Sunday long ago at DW. Yes, DW! It has not seen the light of day since DW.

Don't leave Gene and I to be the only representatives of the NTSP to go. Caleb (Matt's son) is going to have a couple of locals (NorTex) with him and a friend of Mark's will be there as well from Texas, so we will not be out numbered, but I would love to see some NTSP DRNers.

Gene and I are planning on driving down Friday morning, if anyone wants to tag along.

Come on now! Why ride Muenster AGAIN ... BORING ... Try a fling with something new! Your wives and girlfriends would even approve of this fling. I will probably throw in my minis for fun as well.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Gene told me about this a while back. I figured you guys would be here the weekend I was gone. The family and I are heading to Atlanta for a little vacation and Euge and I are going to the SX. You guys have fun.

I haven't been out there in years but I will give you one piece of advise, don't get lost.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
That area has been closed for more than rain since Jan. 25th. It will most likely be open the weekend of the 25th. I will let you guys know early next week, when the weather predictions firm up.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Sorry for this update.... :|

Mark( Junkjeeps) made a call to the FS today for a prognosis of the closure. He was told that after meeting today they decided to uphold the closure until at least the 29th. :bang: This is what we have to endure to ride in South La. :|

Sorry to let everyone down...we were really looking forward to it.

Tony...we'll have to reschedule. If I remember correctly, the month of March was out for you???

Let's work on another date later.

Matt

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Gene -- in that case, why don't you go to Kiamichi with me this weekend? Lust450 is going; we could all ride up together if you want. Scotty is sitting this one out; he has a judo thing going. We could drive up Friday night, ride Saturday, come home Saturday night, as usual. Try out that new flywheel weight in the rocks. Art, the guy with the great Danes, who knows his way around so well, is supposed to be there. Even if he doesn't show, we can have a nice ride.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
mafols said:
Sorry for this update.... :|

Mark( Junkjeeps) made a call to the FS today for a prognosis of the closure. He was told that after meeting today they decided to uphold the closure until at least the 29th. :bang: This is what we have to endure to ride in South La. :|

Sorry to let everyone down...we were really looking forward to it.

Tony...we'll have to reschedule. If I remember correctly, the month of March was out for you???

Matt

Matt, Just got it confirmed. We will have to do this later.

Darin

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
mafols said:

Matt

Thing have changed here as well. Honduras was pushd off until the summer.

I could get together March 17,18,19 or 24, 25, 26

I am hoping to be invited to join the development team for Ozona with TMTC and they have a tentative meeting set for the 11th. Even if it moves from the 11th, I want to make it.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Tony,

The Acadiana Dirt Riders (Darin's club) has their Harescramble scheduled there for the 19th...so that weekend would be out. The 24th-26th would work better for me anyway....then I may be able to do both :cool: .

Let's make it tenative for now and see how it pans out as the day draws near. Let's keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Matt

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
tony,

my triathalon race has been cancelled on the weekend of april 2. that would make it easier for me to not be home the weekend before ie 24th-26th. lets see what happens. dang i hope we dont miss all of the crawfish.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom