Update on my KIPS valve problems...

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
OK so i couldn't get any new or old valves for my KDX200 1992SR
and I really couldn't justify the expense of going to the stealerships so I decided to pull everything out.

I removed the slider and ALL the valves including the main exhaust valve (kips activated one) apart from the sleeve that the exhaust lives in....I blocked off the hole that the slider went in on the right side near the kips actuater lever.

The bike runs great, really nice throaty burble low down with a good tickover (nice and slow)

And when you want power in comes in waves. torque is still really good and top end is awesome, it sounds alot better too.

I'm happy and don't think I'll be bothering to change anything soon....

:cool:

so if you kips valves do go it's not the end of the world to ride without them....

pcbc

Aug 15, 2012
so you removed every thing and it still runs good? just took my kips cover off and found pieces of aluminum. is there any loss of power anywhere from doing this? very interested.

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
Hiya, it kinda loses a little torque at the bottom end as I know have all the KIPS valves in place and its definitly got a little more bottom end with all the valves closed...I am currently fixing the actuater that drives the KIPS and opens them up, when that is done i will report back....

Nice to have all the bits done finally, took a while to get the parts...

But to sum it up i ran the bike with no vallevs at all (none of the two KIPS side valves or the main axhaust valve) and I used the bike quite happily for loads of rides...and it performed really well.

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
OK Bloody hell the KIPS is working now and its does make a lot of difference....

The bike pulls really ahrd and then there is a noticable surge of extra power as the valves open......wow....

it does run without and runs well but it's a different world with them in place...

Top Bottom