Update on New Stator

Pwgsx

Oct 10, 2004
The Ricky Stator is working great and has had no problems for weeks now. I wish I would have got that one the first time and not that Moose one.
It is a little smokie in low rpm's and the plug is oil fowled but not bad. I think I need to move the needle clip which brings me to my ?.............Would I move it up or down to lean the engine?? Also, how exactly do I get to the clip, I can see where it attaches to the throttle cable but it looks liek there is a nut holding it on but there is a spring that prevents access to it. Any tips would help greatly :)

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
you move the clip up to lean the mixture. You pull the spring up, there should be a white plastic sleeve that helps hold the cable end in. You pull the sleeve up, free the cable end from the side of the nut you're talking about. then you loosen the nut witha 6 pt. 8mm socket. that'll let the needle out. when you put it back in, put some anti-seize on it and don't tighten it much or you'll be sorry . the metal it's made of is weak, and it'll seize in the slide easy.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Mike is correct, but this may help you remember. When you raise the clip the needle drops further into the hole (jet) and reduces the amount of gas that can get by.

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Very glad to here the stator is working well. Refresh my memory...I have a '90 200 also. What mods are you running and what is your current jetting? Float set right? What temp. and elev. do you ride? What plug?
:cool:

Last edited:

Pwgsx

Oct 10, 2004
ITs the stock plug and jetting w/ aftermarket exhaust pipe and FMF silencer. I do not know the temp. but I ride in Texas so its not high in elevation. :laugh:

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Pwgsx said:
ITs the stock plug and jetting w/ aftermarket exhaust pipe and FMF silencer. I do not know the temp. but I ride in Texas so its not high in elevation. :laugh:
I'll preface this with the "all bikes are different" quote....Your bike is nowhere near its potential. As for the oily plug, mine gets the same without fouling as I run a tad rich---not worrying about squeezing out the last pony. Assuming you don't have a seal leak...try leaning it a bit and switching to an 8 heatrange plug. If you have $50 lying around, get the Boyesen 607 power reeds and some jets. Stock jetting has a 48 main---way too rich. Get a 42, 40 and 38---I use a 38 or 40(can't remember, think it's 38 though)and it's about perfect at 30 degrees---smokes a bit in the 80's. I'm running a 152 main and a cel needle 2nd clip from the top. Pulls very strong from idle to redline. Try the changes, if you can, and let me know what you think. :cool: You will think you're on a completely different bike...and I'm not kidding!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…