Update: Texas/Southwest Spodefest

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Thought I'd put all of the current info. into one compacted thread.(I also thought more people would look at this one because it says "Texas"). We will be having a Spodefest from Friday, July 6th until Sunday, July 8th. I don't really expect anyone to show up on Friday, I'll only be there Friday night myself to set up camp. The location is Muenster. If you don't know how to get there, go to www.goplayinthedirt.com for directions. My dad and I will be camped in a pop-up, and will need electric hookups for the A/C. It would be neat for everyone to park there(turn right at the gate, and go all the way down the road until it ends in the creek near the old bridge.) so we can all camp together.:) I'll be there in a white 99 F-250 Powerstroke with a DRN sticker, and a Ford-Deisel.com sticker in the rear window, pulling a small Coleman pop-up camper. I have a 98 CR80E, with a DRN sticker on the rear fender(no fender stickers yet:( ) and my dad has a 96 XR600, both bikes are stock, except for FX graphics, and Renthal bars on my bike. I will bring a sign-up sheet, so you can sign you're name when you get there. If We're all on a ride when you arrive, don't be afraid to stop us on the trail, and tag along:) If you're planning on being there, post what you will be driving, and riding. The current list of attendees are:

Stan
XRGuy (Stan's boss)
Yarbonwick – and possibly three friends
TaRaker
JDRobins
Will Pattison
Jeff D
Slo' Mo
YZguy15
Yzguy15’s Daddy-oh
Twinspar... If he gets a new thumper(for reasons beyond me)
TexXr – and his mule
Blackhawk468 – and the mystery bike
CC_RIDER
KTMKyd (CC-Rider’s son)
Anyone else?

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I might not be there. It depends on my bike situation. I have 26 days to sell the trusty CR250R and find a new thumper. Yup... It looks like the dark side has won me over. :eek:

I have to find my new birthday present and sell the old one by the 13th. :)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
What happened to the AF?

We'll be there in a white S-10 or a white Suburban pullin a trailer with 2 YZ 250's one 97 and a 01. BTW, no mo is a no go.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Twinnie,
Your'e dumping you're CR?:( Why would you do such a silly thing like that? Will you change your name? No AF? No show to Muenster?It's all too much for me:eek: :think

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
The AF in my court never was a reality. It was an intentional lie. Long story.... :)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
A long story, eh. We've all got long stories. You think my name is Stan, or Flemmings? Guess again:eek: We've got time:p

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Well... my name is Twin Spar. Mr Spar to you bucko! ;)

It such a long story that you would be up well past your bedtime. :p

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Hey Stan....
whatever happened to the pictures you took during the SX at Texas Stadium a few months ago?

Good luck withthe spodefest!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Pokie,
Thanks, and, well...the pictures? I accidently deleted them. It was a digital camera, and I ran out of space for pictures, so I was going to delete the last couple of pics, and I accidentally deleted them all:( I'm still kicking myself for that.:silly:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Muenster

It looks like I might be there Friday night as well. I'll be pulling a pop-up also so if you get there before I do, save me an electrical outlet. I usually try to get in the cubby hole around the old shower building. We made an extension cord to to the shower building, there's an outlet on it. Still trying to finalize the plans but trying to convince Rick Hacic to come along and maybe he can convince Brian Storrie to pop up. If you don't know who they are, Rick is currently #8 in the TCCRA over 30 expert class and Brian, who doesn't need an introduction is currently #5 in the Pro class. Maybe I can ride me a GasGas. :cool:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Cool Yarbonwick!:)
I know what cubbyhole you mean. I'll try to save it for you(but ther probably won't be many people ther on Friday anyway).:)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So Yarbo, you gonna bring anymore guys with ya? I kinda know Brian. My dad rode with him and Josh Whitaker (I dunno if you know who that is) when they were teens.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Maybe.

I've also set this up on the DRN Calendar. I've emailed Pat burroughs, Tripp Glen and Pat Hall also.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
So is this another one of those uncontrolled free for all events where everyone runs off in every which direction or are we contemplating some sort of group ride where we could potently all be going in the same direction?:eek:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I was hoping we could all park together, and go on a couple of group rides:)
I've also worked up a sign-in sheet so we can all sign in(except Taraker):eek:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I think we should do some group things. I think we can manage that many people. Well maybe.

BTW, I extended an invitation to Bill Pearson. I don't know if yall know him. He's in the RRDR, and put the Bill in "Bill's woods" ;)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I will be there for sure. I am debating the Friday night vs. Saturday AM thing.

Since I do not have on of those high-zoot campers with air conditioning I was thinking a Saturday arrival might be best.

I'll be in a dark green '99 Suburban pulling a 6x8 black open utility trailer with my 98 YZ 125 on it. Since the wife and kiddos will be starting their vacation, I'll most likely be flying solo on this trip unless I can talk a few other friends into coming along.

-jeffd

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Okay guys. The date is set, the place is set... but there's on e more problem. People have been sugesting different parking areas, but we need an ironclad decision. I, too have had a change of plans. My dad and I will no longer be in a pop-up, just a tent(so we don't need electric hookups anymore, however Yarbo still does). I will still be arriving Friday night, and leaving Sunday afternoon/night, jst in a tent, that's all. So, Where should we have these festivities?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
My vote is down there in the hole. As long as it aint wet cause our trailer is hard to pull out when it's muddy (too tounge heavy).

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Too late to change positions now Stan. Everything is set for the shower building area. <---- to the right and all the way down by the river. I'll be getting off of work at 6 o'clock on Friday, do the kisses and yelling goodbyes and head out. Could be anywhere from one to 6 with me. I'll call the locals that Thursday to get the combo to enter. Or someone can meet me at the gate. Which ever.

I'll be in my White Dakota Quad Cab (DRN Stickers on back window) with my pumpkin piggy-backin' ) #796 on sideplates and possibly pulling a pop-up trailer. The trailers going but it depends on who gets it first, myself or the owner. In my convoy is usually a blue Dodge Ram, White Silverado, Red S-10, Blue C-1500. Rick Hacic is interested in going and has to get his wifes permission<----don't laugh, some of you know how that is. Not me of course. ;)

As Far as riding, my recommendations depend on who shows up. If Rick shows up, that's good intermediate-expert riding. Fast stuff and gnarly with few stops. So use your good judgement if the team going out is out of your league, start another rider group. I'm sure that we'll have a few large, everybody who brought a bike, group ride around the park.

As far as Bill's woods go. I cannot stress that if you feel (know) that this is something better left to the other nuts, take the instinctive approach and use common sense. Bill's Woods is no place to be stuck in while the sun starts to fade and the rumble of thunder is on the horizon. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THERE! It's only ~ five miles but can take well over 2 hours to complete with a group. But if you got the gonads and noknoggin' it'll be fun.

Taraker you're on pit-stop aren't you. Let the word out if you are. Oh and don't forget to bring the sammich bread this time! :p

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. If I wait till after that weekend to pull the mule's motor down I'm going to be running a chance of not having the cylinder and head back in my hands and back together by the next Enduro. I'm leading my class in two divisions and I can't take any chance of not being ready to go. I'd also like to do a really good break-in ride prior to the next Enduro. Sorry guys, I would have really liked to put more faces with names. Maybe next time.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
So Yarbonwick, You and some others will be there Friday night, right? My dad and I will be there too, but since you get off of work at six, we'll probably be there before you. (I imagine we'll get there around 7:00). We'll set up camp somewhere in that area, maybe in the middle of that circle to the right of the bathrooms. Not sure yet though, will have to check with my boss. We'll be bringing some firewood, so maybe we can sit around the fire on Friday night and all make fun of Gomer;) :eek: :scream:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Clint

Aren't you in 21st place in TCCRA 36 and 3rd in the other? What's this leading the class deal.:eek: Besides the next Enduro isn't until August isn't it? I think you're scared. Yeah that's it, you're scared. Come on take a chance. I'll help on Monday, honest I will.

Stan: Deal

Last edited:

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Yarbonwick,

Check TSCEC Open C Championship Division and Open C Sabine Division. Train Robbers hasn't been posted in the Sabine division but I got first place points so that put me in the lead. Let me talk to XR's Only again and see if how fast a turn around time they can promise me.

Top Bottom