Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
One of my 20D's is having some focusing issues. The first week I chalked it up to user error and shrugged it off as a bad day, then last weekend I dropped my keeper rate with that body from about 90% to near 40% on easy shots so it was time to start doing some testing. The testing revealed a problem with that body on AI servo tracking subjects, I tracked a kid on a bicycle shooting a burst and the shots would go in and out of focus over a 20+ shot burst even though the focus point stayed firmly on the subject.

I plan to get this body repaired if it's feasible and sell it so while I'm batting around my options (New 30D + grip. older 1D etc) I start to look at prices on used 1DmkII's. A few minutes ago I just closed a deal on a used mkII, sure hope I avoid the issues Squid had with his used mkII :whoa:

Can't wait to give it a whirl and see just how good the AF is on these Pro bodies. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I just took a look at them on the keh.com website. Looks cool Doug.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Congrats on the upgrade Doug. I hope you have no troubles. It seems that they've got me fixed up with my MkII now, and I'm actually quite pleased with the results from Red Bud.

crash32

Oct 10, 2006
Hay Chili how is the MKII working?
I did the testing Squid did and found my MKII is back focusing slightly.
I will be sending it in.
Good to hear you finaly have your gear working like it should Squid.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Don't have it yet David, It's likely on a plane/ship or carrier pigeon somewhere between here and Hawaii at the moment. Hopefully it will arrive late this week or early next week.

Top Bottom