Upgrading - which bike would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUKwrestle

Jul 13, 2007
I'm obviously new to this forum, but I needed advice on a certain situation that is developing amongst my family. Currently, my family owns three different bikes. We have a Honda CRF230F, a Honda CRF70F, and a Kawasaki KX65. Normally I ride the CRF230F around my house (we have 4 acres of land), however, lately my brother, my father, and I have been venturing to the local MX track close to my house. The CRF230F is simply too heavy to handle the technical aspects of a motocross track. I have also gotten bored with the power delivery, it's just too pedestrian. There's no pep, not enough tourque. I guess I'm ready for something more. My question is this: would the CRF150R or the CRF250R be the better bike for me? I am short (5'6'') but I wrestle and if I can throw around the 230, I am sure I can handle the 150 quite easily. But would the 250 be too much bike for me? Could I lower the suspension a little or adjust the sag so it's a little more rideable? I weigh about 135lbs. Thanks for any and all replies. I really appreciate it.

AUKwrestle

Jul 13, 2007
This might help make the information above appear a little more straightforward.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) - 5'6" tall. 135 lbs. Wrestling build.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? - about as aggressive as I can get with the CRF230F
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ???? - local MX track. 230 is for the woods.
4) Do you have any riding experience? - yes. a couple years.
5) Do you think you will race ? - probably not but who knows.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? - yes. my dad knows a ton about 2 and 4 stroke motors.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? - Honda. maybe KTM? probably 4 stroke from what I here. anyone think differently? maybe a CR125?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? - yes. all brands.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? - between $4000 and $6500
10) Do you live in California? - PA
11) Your age? - 17
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion - see above

THANKS AGAIN!
JON H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom