KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I sat here all weekend not being able to ride - loving the outstanding fall weather, and kinda pissed off I cant be riding ... and wondering how it went for everyone at Upland.

I called CR250 and Silver a few minutes ago to get a quick update. They were not even into Michigan yet as they waited for trohpies. It sounds like some DRNers did rather well! Both Mike and Mike took 1st places in their classes - they said Don Marsh got a 3rd I think - which puts him ahead of Fred T for the series, and Cody took the overall (damn that kids is fast AND amazingly consistent!) Congrats guys! :cool:

So - how did everyone else do? Someone post up some pics - I need a riding fix!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
It was a beautiful weekend. SUNNY. I have a couple pictures of a creek crossing that I will post later. TJ rode a 1st place ride for D14, but 2nd in his class. Bruno was beat/exhausted and cut out of the last section. I sat there and waited for sweep to come through before I left. I learned that lesson many years ago, and he never forgot about me leaving him behind.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
It was a fun race, a little dusty at times and the rivers were real low. The club did a great job .........but the orange colored arrows don't work to well for me in the fall leaves. I had a rough time in the last section which caused a surprized look an Salgeeks face when he came up on me in a bad position. :yikes:

Bryan had a flat tire at the first restart of the race and decided to try to ride to the first gas available but only made it 19 miles. :(

Congrats to Cody on his first overall. I guess he stopped after he passed DW to make sure he had his oxegen mask strapped on correctly. :nener:

Thanks to Randy Dunn for the fine job he did as gas crew. :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Ya I was the rabbit, he only caught me once for the day and that was in the 17mile section towards the end. He was very fast and very smooth - I had a grin ear to ear when he went by! ;)

Cody ended up running a certain part of the last section twice - Along with some other riders {It’s a wonder there were no head on crashes}. He was VERY surprised to find out he won the the overall.

PS. No oxygen just Hammer Gel products :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Shameless sponser plug!

I know first hand all about running that section twice also.

Last edited:

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
How did everyone do crossing the low spot in the end of the bean field? I think it was in the 3rd section. Anyway I hit that thing flying and about went over the bars at roughly 60mph.
I guess I didn't see the "X" markers. I'm sure they were there. I was more worried about getting around another rider than looking for signs.
I wish I knew who was standing there with the camera at the end of the field.
And that dog gone hidden barbed wire took me down and took my shifter off. I put it in 2nd and rode the last 2 sections that way. It worked out well with the exception of the fields and roads. A piece of fence jumped out of the weeds and grabbed my sons back tire and took him down as well.
My son took 3rd in "C". He was riding his butt off all day and deserved it. I'm starting to get worried now. He's getting faster. :whoa:

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Silver,

Great Ride for you and Cr250! It was pretty clear your ready for next class up. That was fun swapping leads w/you guys! Wish I would have had more for you guys after 3rd section! Looking forward to racing with you guys next year!!!

Larger arrows may have been better also!

Bterp-- I did the same thing at the low spot at the end of bean field. Did not see the X markers while watching the guys in front of me. At the next river crossing I looked for a deeper section of river to help clean out the brown substance in my pants after that!!!

I feel for ya Fred T!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
When I got back and saw Silver already loading up, I told him to enjoy his final "short cut".

Congrats Cody!!! We look forward to your speech at the banquet.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
PoeBrian said:
Silver,

I feel for ya Fred T!!!

Damn river got me, stupid mistake! :| Watered it out. Looks like I'll just have to try harder at Goshen. :cool:

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Thanks to the Muddobbers for putting on a great event! :) It was a fun and challenging course, especially the 17 mile section and the corduroy log section at the end. I definitely realized that I have been slacking on my workouts lately! I had a lot of fun as already mentioned riding with Mike L and Brian Poe. Hope you are feeling better Brian. Take note that Lietzke is way ready for the B class! :nener: Congrats to all that finished and trophied, the D14 did pretty good! :cool:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Heh, I'm thinkin' Freddie was having Roselawn flashbacks and wanted to hang by the pool.... a cagey veteran move if I ever saw one!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Lets just say I'm making it interesting.
Problem is that I never do well at Goshen but my luck has to change sometime :nod: , last year I missed a check on day one and cut off the tip of my finger on day 2. So I had all my bad luck in one weekend.

DW, you can make as much fun of me as you want, it's just one of those things -shat happens in racing and sometimes all you need is 14-16 inches of water to F up your day. All you can do is get back on the horse and ride again until things work them selves out.

I'll be at Goshen, I'll do my best, I won't quit no matter what and what happens, happens. I see myself in the mirror every day. :cool:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
That's just bad luck and vertically challenged legs don't help either.

In 05 I did the same thing at Roselawn crossing a ditch and I took the EXACT line of the guy in front of me who had no problem, but I hit something that stopped me cold and I dumped in the drink and sucked water.

I had my bad luck at Upland and took out my brake pedal, among other screw ups.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thompson vs. Marsh sounds a lot like Lafferty vs. Bobbitt.
It will be decided at the last race of the year.

BB - there were a lot of messed up brake levers in Upland.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
I'll do my best, I won't quit no matter what
This is what wins championships! :cool:

Good luck to both you and Don at Goshen - The winner will get an extra extra large piece of F'n cake :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike, Only thing is that this is the SLOW VERSION we need faster modems........

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
Thompson vs. Marsh sounds a lot like Lafferty vs. Bobbitt.
It will be decided at the last race of the year.

BB - there were a lot of messed up brake levers in Upland.

Um, not even close. Those 2 are from a different planet, we are a couple "old" local yokels riding for the fun of it. Having it go down to the last race just makes if even more fun. :cool: That was the case 2 years ago and Don got the best ride in and won. New year and new opportunities in 2008. :ride:

Top Bottom