orion163

Mar 12, 2001
Has anybody rode any trails in the Upper Peninsula (Marquette County) yet this year? I wanna get out and do some riding soon.

[This message has been edited by orion163 (edited 04-11-2001).]

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I plan to this weekend. If not workable I will head to Escanaba.

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Guys, I would call someone in the area. My last conversation with a yupper (two weeks ago) included a discussion on the amount of snow still on the ground. It would a long drive to find the trails full of snow.

------------------

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I rode escanaba today. The trails are dry with no snow. Marquette has some snow still in the woods but should be ridable in a few days.
Orion, I lived in Marquette for five years while I was in college. It is with out a doubt one of the best places to ride in the entire state. You can ride on all trails unless posted closed and there is a cool riding are inside the city limits. There is also a good enduro course setup in the sands plains with multiple loops. There are some state forest enduro trails at Bass Lake. There are mx tracks at Christmas,Republic, Crsystal Falls and Houghton. There is also a private track in Sands that the owner lets the general public ride for a voluntary donation.Some good play riding areas include Forestville, Board of Light and power sand pit, m-35 sandpit in Negaunee, Sands plains, Goose lake pits, the beach at Bigbay and on and on. I am in the MQT area a lot in the summer so if you want more info or want to ride sometime drop me a e mail at bwalker83@home.com .

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom