Dec 8, 2007
At the track where I ride there's a step down double. Alot of guys who cant clear it like to blip the throttle on the take-off which makes kind of a kicker right on the lip, I tend to hit it on one side or the other to get a smooth line. I could clear it revved out in 3rd but usually I click 4th before take off and then 5th in the air to prepare for the following downhill. So last weekend while approaching it I picked a bad line or something and by accident hit one of the kicker bumps on the lip. You know that feeling? Wholly shiiiiiiiiiiii!!!:yikes: You may get
a brief mental flash of the pain that's about to ensue. There's only one thing to do....panic rev. Since I usually shift up in the air my foot was automatically poised under the shifter and bam, I just hit it into 5th, and then I don't really know why I hit it again into 6th. The power of the panic rev was multiplied and things started becoming manageable, I didn't go over the bars, I didn't crash. So I don't know, next time
you find yourself in this situation maybe try an upshift. To be honest I'm usually to scared to think of anything when it happens, but got lucky this time.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ignition retard said:
So I don't know, next time
you find yourself in this situation maybe try an upshift. To be honest I'm usually to scared to think of anything when it happens, but got lucky this time.

I'm usually way too focused on the pain I'll be in once I crash to think about shifting during a panic rev. ;)

Top Bottom