Urgent help with friends 93' CR-125 (dropped piston clip into engine)

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Yikes. My friend, I, and a few of us were redoing my friends top end on his 1993 CR-125 when we were putting in the piston, and the two clips that are on the side are ready to go in, and he dropped one into the engine through a little slit! Yikes! :ugg: :whiner:

He tried to pull it out but knocked it down into the engine :|

Any advice here at all? What is he going to have to do or take apart to try and get it out. Another friend thought it would be a good idea to kick the kickstarter, and after that the kickstarter wont go down easy at all.

Is he pretty much screwed and going to have to take apart his whole tranny? :whiner:

Any input is appriciated here, thanks in advance.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Simple, Fill the crank case with solvent (read but not advocated for insurance reasons gasoline) and then flip the bike on its lid and spin the crand over to wash it out. It should come out that way. You may need a squeeze bottle to wash it out with the bike inverted.

I've seen it possible to put some 2 stroke oil in the bottom end and the clip will stick the crank lobe and come around for you also.

A great advertisment for stuffing a clean paper towel around the rod, covering the crank case when inserting circlips!

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Tiylu said:
Another friend thought it would be a good idea to kick the kickstarter, and after that the kickstarter wont go down easy at all.

Is he pretty much screwed and going to have to take apart his whole tranny? :whiner:

If you kicked it over and wedged the clip between the crank and the case you prolly have to tear it apart. I have seen mxneagles methods work if the clip is loose in there but it sounds like you blew that option

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Get a telescopic magnet. they go for 2$ at local auctions. Just a magnetic screwdriver will do the trick. Did this a few times.

Top Bottom