URGENT! Walworth County Track Closings (WI)

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Urgent!! We need your support!

On May 20th. The Walworth County Zoning Department is voting on a new ordinance to regulate all non-commercial dirt bike tracks. This will affect all of us – anyone interested in the sport of motocross OR ATV recreational track riding.

We are asking for your support if you live in the Walworth County area. Please be here to help us save our tracks! This meeting will be held at the Zoning Department, Courthouse Annex, at 9:00 am, on May 20th ( Friday). We will all have the opportunity to voice our opinions, the more people there, the better! The power lies in the numbers!

We do realize that this is a weekday and most of us have to work. If you can’t make it to the meeting, please send your comments via e-mail or mail to:

Dave Duwe
Courthouse Annex West
W 3929 County Road NN
Elkhorn, WI 53121
dduwe@co.walworth.wi.us

or call! 262-741-2454

We don’t want our children to lose the opportunity to participate in this activity. It teaches them focus, and reason before they act. This is your call to action, get involved,
educate your neighbor, help save the tracks!

If you have any questions, you can contact Rachel at 262-279-0779

Thank you!

Wolf

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Here is a sample letter for those of you that are non residents of Walworth County.

Dear Mr. Duwe,

I understand that a petition has been presented to the Walworth County zoning board regarding a dirt bike track located in the town of Bloomfield. I would like to voice my opposition to this petition to develop a county wide ordinance to regulate dirt bike tracks on private property. This is an activity that can work for our youth of today to help provide direction, focus and purpose in life.

It is very difficult to find areas to legally ride these days and it is almost always on private property that one rides. Without the ability to pursue this activity on private property families will be forced to drive long distances to ride on public land or sanctioned tracks which would most likely make it impossible for many to continue in this sport. This sport has the ability to make a very positive impact on our young people today. Lets not take that away from them.

Although I am not a resident of Walworth county I do ride and know people who ride and enjoy this sport at various private locations throughout the county and hope that we will be able to continue this fine recreational activity with our kids.

Respectfully yours,

Top Bottom