Convert

Apr 21, 2007
This revolves around the limited production BLACK 08 CRF450R. Apparently this is a USA only model.....*sigh*.....can anyone tell me what the process is for buying a bike in the US and then having it shipped to Canada (Alberta). What I'm looking for is info on additional costs, is it possible to do this, and if anyone is aware of an honest dealer to go through. I spoke to a shop here in Alberta and they said it would be unlikely they would be able to obtain one of these limited production bikes. Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Convert

Apr 21, 2007
Thanks Rich, an email has been sent. With any luck the reply I receive will be a positive one.

**Update**

For anyone else who may have been interested in this same idea.....it's a no go :(

Last edited:

tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
you could just go down to the states, buy one at an american dealer... and then pay duty as you come across the border to canada. With the american dollar being at par it'd probably be around the same price as a normal 450f up here.

Convert

Apr 21, 2007
I was actually considering doing that.....however, I sent out mass emails to shops in Alberta about the 08 CRF450R. To my surprise I actually received a response indicating that 2 of the limited production models were going to be available. Needless to say 1 of those 2 is now spoken for :)
Now it's just a waiting game....I have heard that Honda will release the 08's some time this month, anyone able to confirm this? Even the shop I am dealing with does not have a firm date as to their arrival.

Convert

Apr 21, 2007
2 Strokes For Life......I sent out several emails throughout the Province, every dealer that replied, except for one said they would not be receiving the model I wanted. Only the one dealer confirmed they would be receiving the limited production model.....now all I have to do is wait for the call so I can go pick it up.

Top Bottom