Wozzer

Dec 5, 2003
Hi all,

I recently got a streetbike and want to try dirtbiking to add to the fun, esp. in the cold winter month's up in the wisconsin/chicago area. I'm 6"1 and 185lbs, what is the smallest size bike I would want to consider? I'm looking for something light and fun, not necessarily the fastest race bike or anything. I can do basic maintainance but I don't have that much time and would rather spend it riding :-) I'm looking to spend not more than $1500 if possible, any suggestions?

Also, where can I find places to ride in the S. Wisconsin and Chicago, IL areas?

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
For your size I would recommend a 250 mxer, but it will be hard to find a decent one for under $2,000 and maybe a little more in the Chicago area. There are a few places to ride up state do a search, you should beable to find them. I think there is a couple of places in Ottowa.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
A KDX is a great bike. Take a look in the KDX forum. Light weight, ample power, inexpensive, not your typical pipey two stroke.

Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
KDX- I paid $1500 for a 96 in good shape. They have good low, mid, and high end power.

Top Bottom