SL99

Jun 18, 2000
We came across a used 98 35' Patio Hauler that was a bank repo. It was abused cosmetically but nothing that couldnt be cleanued up or redone easily with little cost. They want $16,900, it books at $22,480.00 and I know I can get finacing on it. I have also been in all the newest models by all brands and found Forest Rivers to be my favorite, especially their All American Sport . This has got to cost upwards of $36,000 so their is a potential for huge savings but I dont know what kinds of things go wrong with them and was hoping some of you could give me some pointers.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Sarah we just bought a 22 ft sportster but those Forest rivers sure do look nice. Sounds like that repo deal isn't bad if the frame and body is solid- but be sure to double check the weight.
Can't help you on what goes wrong on them at least yet.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
A had a guy tell me he'd sell his Patio Hauler for $14,000. I think it's a 97 or 98 . I'd buy it but I just bought a new tailgator.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
SL99

I'd be a bit cautious about this trailer. If the outside is rough, think about the inside. There is no telling what's inside the holding tanks.

You could have someone look it over for you. There are a lot of components on a trailer, that if not properly taken care of, that could give you trouble in the long run.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Sarah,
I just bought a very slightly used (previous owner claimed 500 miles - it looks about right) '00 Patio Hauler 351FP for $22K. I came across a new '00 at a dealer in Bend, Oregon for $26.5K A friend of mine has a '97/'98 351 and he's planning on buying another - they seem to hold up pretty well. Do a search on RVTrader.com to see what's out there & how the asking prices compare.

Spend the money and have the trailer inspected by a RV shop (I had mine checked out by Camping World) - think of it as a home inspection prior to handing over the check.

Brian

Top Bottom