cbob

Feb 4, 2004
EVERYONE needs to send a message to USFS on Roadless Rule proposal. If the enviros win (and there are a lot more of them than us) they will START by shutting down US forest roads. Their next step will be to shut down ORV areas we enjoy, which are already closed on a periodic basis. Next will be the private tracks we enjoy. They won't stop until it's illegal to buy, sell or own an off road vehicle.

Comment period ends on Monday, Nov 15, 2004. The following website has a pre-printed form, but it's best to use your own words. Be creative. Be positive. Be short.

http://www.arra-access.com/campaign/roadless_rule_proposal

Here's my latest letter, sent yesterday:
(ok, I could have been more positive . . . )

statepetitionroadless@fs.fed.us
Content Analysis Team
Re: Roadless State Petitions

There are a lot of environmentalists writing letters about the Roadless Rule proposal.

Frankly, I don't like the idea of someone telling me how to recreate just because I am outnumbered 10 to 1. It doesn't make them "right" and us, motorized users, "wrong". It only makes them bullies.

Please keep the forest roads open. I enjoyed them last Saturday and hope to again in the near and distant future.

Thank you,
- c bob

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Remember when writing your letters that the fires in the western states could have been prevented if the Clinton roadless rules had not gone into effect. The forest service roads allow them access to clear underbrush and maintain the forests. ORV use is only one part of the fight to defeat Roadless Rules.

Top Bottom