wolfgangg

Nov 21, 2007
I believe that the awnser above would help noobs like me. When you see the other hitting corners hard then you would if you know your corner surfaces you would be able to look at other riders with more insight and you would actually under stand in more depth why other riders do what they do and not just seeing them doing it.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
wolfgangg said:
greate reply i would definitly try that, how do i keep up my conering speed if i have to brake i seem to slow down to much, do i just take the turn at a hell of a speed and lean the bike and see what happens ?

just ride the rear brake. stay on the gas. keep the back wheel spinning to keep stability and desired speed. when letting off the gas in a corner or punching it to hard will both cause problems. nice and steady throttle and if your going to fast for comfort ride the brake it will slow you down but you keep the back wheel pushing also (then maybe you can try your "super cool lean")

let me know how that lean works out for ya. I would say ride for about 10 more years before attempting though

wolfgangg said:
According to your reply the above is incorrect you must know when you can commit 100% other wise you will be doomed. So for you to commit you must first know 100% your surface you are trying to commit on.

and if you are not going to commit to what you are doing such as a rutted corner ETC. I would not reccomend doing it and you should know what type of terrain you are riding on after a few practice laps or after you have ridden that area a few times being able to make these judgement calls is very important to dirtbiking and being able to make them in a split second is what makes you great

d_alexand

May 14, 2007
The inside leg out by the front fork is for balance, but it's not needed in every corner. At our local track I noticed a few sweepers where experts were standing while slower riders (me included) would sit down with the leg out. There was also a cool picture of a guy in the Transworld MX magazine railing a rutted corner standing up at the MX of Nations.

Top Bottom