Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's been asked before but needs to be asked again; how in the world did Miller Motorsports Track land a round on the MX Nationals schedule? In all fairness, I've never actually been there. But uh, yeah. How did this DOG TRACK get the nod over the likes of Southwick?

The video take away: "great improvements this year, no more flat landing all the jumps, there are actually down sides on the jumps." Well that's awesome. Had that been about the track in my backyard, it would be impressive.

There's got to be some juicy conspiracy theories out there explaining this track hosting the final round. Anyone care to share?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have not been a fan of watching that race on TV the past couple years. It seems incredibly fast but not well thought out.

I prefer Outdoor tracks that start with a natural terrain layout and then other things thrown it.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Mike Alessi is still allowed to ride. He is on probation and Jeff is suspended but not sure when that is up (due to Lasergate).

MCR (who Mike races for) got upset over a few things and took the team to Canada thinking Mike would win the entire thing but due to a lot of bad luck he did not win the title. When he didn't run out of gas or have misfortune he was the fastest rider on the track from what I have read.

Wish I could have seen some of those races.

Ivan

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It's all about the money. Miller Motorsport must have paid the AMA a bunch to pull away from the established premier tracks. Hard to believe there was dust on the track and puddles all around.
Next year's schedule is insane. Not likely very many privateers will be able to crisscross the US to make all of the races. I don't mind seeing the schedule changed up but this is a bit of a bummer for the small teams/privateers. I guess that leads back to my first comment.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
bswift, keep in mind the *AMA* sold pro racing as far as motocross nationals many years ago now.. so if anyone was paid,to change venues. , you'd need to look towards who actually owns/controls pro mx, and sets the national mx schedule the last 6 (?) years or so..

and that is not the AMA acting only as sanctioning body

Basically it was sold in 2008 to daytona motorsports group who then leased it out.. .

Top Bottom