Marion

Aug 10, 2003
Im looking for some pictures of areas or some people that have experienced riding in Utah. I have only been able to find ATV riding information. Im looking for some two wheel info. Looking at moving to Salt Lake but need to consider the riding first!

holmy

May 6, 2003
Utah has dunes, slickrock,desert, mx, mountain trails it just depends on what type you like and how far your willing to travel.

Messy Marion

Sep 17, 2003
Thanks Holmy. Right now we usually travel anywhere from 2 1/2 - 4 hours for weekend riding. We still do the trek to Ocotillo Wells at least once a year for a week long trip and that's around 11 hours. So traveling shouldn't be a big deal. Most of the stuff we saw on the internet was for ATV's in Utah. How is the single track? I love the dessert but I'm form Michigan originally, so single track tight stuff is in my blood. I'm sure of that, I see it every time I bounce off a tree! ; )

holmy

May 6, 2003
Can't help you a lot about the UT singletrack but the sawtooths in Idaho have all you want and more(not too far a drive from SLC). The Stansbury MT just west of SLC have a ST trail thats kinda fun. I know there's more ST east of SLC but you need someone with more info to handle that.

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
There are a couple nice singletrack trails that I can think of - there are a couple out at 5 mile pass, which has a little bit of everything - singletrack, doubletrack and open areas. There's the Stansbury Front Trail out past Grantsville. There's some stuff out in American Fork - some trails are closing, but I'm not sure which areas are affected.

I'm sure there are more singletrack trails you can drive to, but we've gotten so addicted to Moab we hardly go anywhere else. Actually I've heard there's a new singletrack called Fisher Mesa or something in Moab, but we haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom