CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Michelle said she'd like a trip report and some pics, so I thought I'd better stop being lame and post something! This was a recent dirt trip to a place called White Wash in Utah. There's not much to tell except that we (David, Ray, Chris, Will, and me) had a great time riding around on the sand dunes and hitting more slickrock this time. We camped out, rode a bunch, and then ate a yummy meal (food always tastes good when yer hungry) around the camp fire. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 1davidclimbingtheslickrock.jpg
    1davidclimbingtheslickrock.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 118

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Here is another pic of Will kicking up dust climbing out of a wash:

Attachments

• 4climbingoutofawash2.jpg
    4climbingoutofawash2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 129

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Cool terrain! I've spent a lot of time climbing the canyons in and around Lake Powell. The traction on that rock is surprisingly very good. Sometimes though you will hit a spot and it crumbles and breaks free. I slid and then fell about 50' while climbing once - fortunately I landed in water (but still pretty skinned up from sliding).

Is there any single track riding in Utah?

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Great pics CJ!!! Very beautiful terrain, I probably would have tipped over just from gazing at all that beauty and not paying attention!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey Natalie- The Ant, E-Ticket, FireLily, Buddy, and even Strick and Mimi have all talked about making the trek to Utah sometime. Maybe we can all do a spodefest out there next year sometime? I really want to talk to Bbbom and Pegasus about doing a little spodefest in Idaho this coming year too. 'Looking forward to chatting with ya'll about it in Reno here pretty soon!!!

Smit-Dog- I dunno if you'd call the kind of riding out in Utah "single track" as such. It gets pretty tight in some of the slot canyons. There's a trail nearby White Wash called FMOH (Five Miles of Hell) that's pretty technical and there's mostly just one line through the rocks. I think you'd just call it "desert riding" rather than "single track," though, but I'm just guessing.

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
"Spodefest or Bust" !! Reno was cool last year and I hope to go again, but that Utah stuff looks great too ,,Idaho would be close enough as well ,but how am I going to find the time! Especially with all the fantastic riding way up north here in Canada. Can we say "Spodefest Canada" EH!

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Awesome pictures! Can't believe we still haven't coordinated a trip yet...

There are two trails I can think of in SLC that are actual singletrack (or at least parts of the trails are), but most of the riding I can think of is more desert or technical jeep trail riding.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Originally posted by pinball
[B Especially with all the fantastic riding way up north here in Canada. Can we say "Spodefest Canada" EH! [/B]

YES!!!!!!! That would be awesome!!!! It would be wicked for there to actually be a major ride up here!!! A Canadian Dirtweek or something....yup that would be cool.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Lemme guess...this was why you were calling me last month?

You were better NOT to tell me! :ugg: :ugg:

I wanna gooooo!

Oh well, new baby..new priorities :confused:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by Rodzilla
Lemme guess... this was why you were calling me last month?

HOLY COW, ya'll, I felt SOOOOOO TOTALLY BAD about this!!! I totally DID call Rodzilla to see if he wanted to come along on this trip. It was in the middle of a work day and I called his cell phone as usual. He sounded a little... distracted... ??? What I didn't realize was that he was actually IN THE HOSPITAL AND JUST HAD HIS BABY right there and then!!! Little Rodzilla Jr. wanted to show up a few weeks early and that's exactly what he did! WHO COULD HAVE KNOW?!?! So I get on the phone with Mrs. Rodzilla and she sounds, well, tired but happy. AK I CANNOT BELIEVE I MADE SUCH A HUGE BOZO MOVE LIKE THAT!!!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Lol, CJ, you make it sound like Rodzilla had the baby ;)
Congratulations Rod & Mrs Rod.
CJ, ya can't know these things but cool, you got to talk to them first hehehe

Hey, great pix, can't say I've ever had the chance to ride anything like that - looks way cool (and scarey). Good to see you haven't forgotten the grasshopper ;) Thanks for sharing, I love reading & seeing others' rides.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Oh Jen you make it sound like you did something wrong! :confused:

hey no worries, you actually saved me the call to you to tell you about the little guy!

Chance Rodrick Mead
19 inches, 6.5 lbs (now 8 lbs and 20.5 inches)
3 1/2 weelks early but OK! :aj:

If I knew how to post a picture I would. :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Thanks for sharing the pictures CJ. :thumb: I know I wouldn't be able to ride through there. Like Nat, I'd be too busy staring at all of the beautiful surroundings.

Top Bottom