joshholmes20

May 3, 2006
I have decided to purchase one of Moto Tassinari's reed valve assemblies but I can't seem to decide if I want to fork over the dough for the newest V-Force 3. I haven't been able to find much info. about the differences between the two. All I know is I can get a V-Force 2 for about half price. I am putting it on my 2003 YZ 125 to compliment an FMF Fatty pipe and Shorty silencer. Just wondering if anyone has any comments. Thanks

-Josh

joshholmes20

May 3, 2006
any particular reason why you think boyesen is better? i ran a Boyesen rad valve in my 97 YZ 85 and loved it, but then again i had never heard of the v forces. i really have no particular reason to want one or the other, i am just trying to get the best bang for my buck.

02rm125

Mar 15, 2006
I'm in the same boat as you...im lookin for a reed assembly to compliment the fmf fatty/shorty combo on my RM....does anyone have any thoughts on whats better between the boyesen and the v-forces???

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
02rm125 said:
I'm in the same boat as you...im lookin for a reed assembly to compliment the fmf fatty/shorty combo on my RM....does anyone have any thoughts on whats better between the boyesen and the v-forces???

From what I've read, it depends on the bike and the setup.

Not much help, but I'll see if I can take a look in the Eric Gorr book for an answer . . .

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
IMHO the Boyeson setup is better than the Delta 2 valve. But the Delta 3 is better than the Boyeson. The biggest difference between the Delta 2 and Delta 3 ( and the reason the Boyeson is better than the Delta 2 ) is that the new valve has an intake stuffer wich smoothes the transision from the carb to the reed cage. The Delta 2 has an open design. The Delta 2 has reeds retained by screws and a stiffener plate. The new valve has "snap" in reeds. The Delta valves have twice the petal area due to their patented design. The Boyeson valve is made much better quality wise than the Delta valves. I have used all three valves in several models. The Boyeson always performed better off the bottom than the Delta 2. The Delta 2 had more top end. The new Delta 3 seems to do as well as the Boyeson off bottom ( even better than the Boyeson on my CR ) and still retain the top end advantage of the Delta 2.

dirtbikegeek

Apr 14, 2006
Well,Dirt Bike magazine tested a V-FORCE Delta 3 on an 02 CR 125and said this,"A V-FORCE Delta reed block provides more breathing room for a snappier response and longer pull on top.The reed spacer gets tossed acrossed the pits after testing showed that acceleration is better without it," Dirt Bike Magazine February 2002.But each bike is different,so that may not be the case with yours.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
I do my testing back to back, and I buy my parts - I don't sell anything. I believe if you read more than the first sentence on my response, you will see that the Delta 3 IMHO was the best of the 3 valves mentioned, I simply gave the differences between the 3 valves ( Delta 2, Delta 3 and Boyeson )

Top Bottom