limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
hey guys, I was wandering if you know of any place with some land for sale!? I'm looking for 20-40 acres (depending on $$) to make a small MX track & HS course to practise on. If anyone knows of any place in Indiana, please send me a PM or email: itslimittime@aol.com

Ohh yeah I would perfer it be in: morgan, owen, putnum, greene,jackson, or lawrence county, but any where in Indiana will be considered. 

Also if you know any good links for land listing I would appreciate it! Thanks

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
No, actually I just came up with the idea today & figured that 1 of the 20,000 members on here might know of some good land near them...... I will be contacting a relator within the next week though depending on my schedule.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Sure, got a spare $120K lying around?

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Pssst. . . Hey Woods; check his thread in the "completely off topic forum"
"beginner mx" Not that youthful enthusiasm is a bad thing.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Around here thats 1-2 acres. last year we looked at 5 acres for 150K. Gotta get perdy rural, and unfarmable land to be cheep.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
WOW! This all seems real expensive. When my grandma bought her land here in NY 6 years ago 25 acres was somerthing around 60K, with 3 springs! But about 2.5 acres it all swamp and pretymuch useless. But then anouther 20K in electric, and $15K in wells and pipeing. And a bunch more $ in other things so I'm thinking 150K should be like a completly 'finished' pice of land. Allthoe I think 8 years ago a friend of our's bought 200 acres of land for hunting and that was something like $250K for nuttin but trees grass and animals lol. I guess it all depends on what 'kind' of property and wear. So make shur you realy look around. (I no this post proly means nothing to you lol.)

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
What a coincidence, I was looking to start an almost identical thread. I came into some money and am thinking about land in central Wisconsin for investment purposes, plus to have a little dirtbikin' fun with. I was going to wait until after the holidays and then do some serious looking.

unabiker

Dec 16, 2002
Might try lookin in the Trader, Indy Star, and www.mibor.com Keep an eye on the auctions section in the paper. I'd also check whatever the local papers are in Mooresville, Martinsville and Bloomington. I kept an eye on acerage when I bought my house a couple years ago and it was going for between 2-4 K per acre. Huge chunks (100 + acres) were much less per acre. Also, the further from Indy you get, the cheaper things are.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
yeah I'm lookin for something about 1 1/2 -2 hr's from indy, I wanna get it for a bout a thousand an acre, its just for dirtbike's & maybe some huntin so unfarmable land is what i want

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
hahaha........ Sorry couldn't resist! :) No, I haven't looked on ebay. I guess I could get on **** and check it out, thanks for the advice.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
It really isn't all that funny an idea. A whole northern CA town was sold on there last friday for 1.8 million.

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Chili, I don't think it is the same person. It probably is some oportunistic looser that is trying to cash in on what was probably one of the biggest auctions on that site. Considering there was 249 or so bids it was obviously a popular auction.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Thanks for the link jaybird! I'm not sure if I can afford any of those though a few of them sound good for what I need.

Thanks everyone for the help & you're all welcome to come out & ride if I ever find what I'm lookin for.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
When the weather gets right, you can come down and ride with me at my Dad's place. It's pretty natural/MX-ish now, but I plan on some work this spring to make it a bit more SX-ish. Sorry, my woods loop is only about 120 seconds long.
BTW...Podium One has new ownership and it's about 5 mins from my practice area.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Jaybird your 120 sec. loop is better than my 45sec loop at my grams land lol. This summer thoe im goin back into the woods with some friends, saw's, shovels, and front loader! Muhahaha!! My Grandma and Grandpa allredy said I can as long as its in the back where the land isnt used!

Top Bottom