GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Okay, me and Speedy were in Vegas for the SX and it was fer sure a rip roaring' time. Aimee's flight from STL was delayed so it was good to see her arrive at the hotel, better late than never! We got tickets to "Mystere" at Treasure Island, Cirque de Solei's infamous dance mystery. Saturday morning, it was off to the the Day Spa (of course!) If anyone wants to know about the Spa at Mandalay Bay, we have INFO. You definitely want the seawead wrap. We couldn't get an appointment for it, but we were allowed the mini facial and the full use of "spa amenities".

Fully beautified later, we get into the elevator at 6:45 pm, a tad late for the start of the SX with a 25 minute cab drive to Sam Boyd Stadium. Who is calling us on the cell phone???? Giner!!!! :aj: All the way from Australia and she sounds clear as a bell! She's working on a Thoroughbred Horse farm and is excited. We chat for 10 minutes and its like a two-fer since Aimee and I are in the same cab, we both get to talk to her.

Cabbie drobs us off and we scury off the our seats. Damn good seats too. I beg two Aleve off the couple in the row behind us since my back is killing me today. The guy in front of us wants to know if "he buys, we fly" we both look at each other and decline. Aimee predicts fights will break out around us in Section 121 and sure as heck, two fights are apprehended by the Las Vegas PD. We briefly toy with starting a biotch fight with slapping and hair pulling so that we might be on TV and that our DRN friends might see us at the SX. Okay, we decide not to, lol. More important to see Chad Reed and Bubba. That was mature of us, don't ya think?

Travis Pastrana pulls a nac-nac during the second lap and the crowd is pleased, he pulls out of the main and I'm sad. We get to see Bubba, Reed, KDub, Iron Mike, we even get to see the makings of a Hollywod Film process as they race for a scene in the movie "Supercross, the Movie". We stand and cheer for a scene in the movie (Make sure you look for me and Speedy, k?) We don't get extra pay scale, but we get to see some Kickass supercross.

The weather is warm and that bouncing beach ball that makes its way across the stadium somehow gets into my lap and I fling it upward and it makes its way over to the next section. The drunk young SX-goers are tripping up the stairs on their way to fetch more beer and I can't believe how many drunk young men and boob jobs I've seen tonight, lol.

Bubba and Reed are victorious and I dig seeing them in person, very exciting. :thumb: We make our way to the massive shuttle back to the Vegas Strip and meander our way through the MGM Grande and another Taxi ride back to our hotel. We have not had anything nourishing to eat for hours except for the vitamin C in our Margarita's and Rum and Cokes (there's lemon in there somewhere :think: ) so we order Room Service at 2 am and then get some sleep.

Morning comes and I beg Speedy to let me play Roullette before we get in the cab and she obliges. I end up $114 ahead in less than 8 minutes *thanks number 17 and black* :)

The airport is a major MESS and I find myself saying a hurried good bye to Speedy, grabbing my shoes after security and sprinting through Terminal B. I'm the last passenger on the flight to board and they are waiting for me.

Vegas Baby! :eek:

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Glad you had a good time Natalie! We missed you at Paragon but if i had the cash i'd would of been right there watching the SX live too. (No offense you Damn Yankees :moon: )

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Ahhhh Vegas. Only place where 2 days seem like 2 weeks! I'm exhausted but it was worth it to see Natty and some good racing.

I was disappointed to see Travis decline to run in the 250 main even but understood. He did put on a heck of a show in the heat races though. The crowd was going wild. Some a little too wild. :eek:

Too bad I didn't place any bets on the fights in the stands! Not 15 minutes after I predicted which individuals would be getting into it, they didn't let me down. Why do these people even waste their money on SX tickets. Wouldn't it be cheaper to act like drunkun idiots behind the supermarket? :p

Thank goodness for the SX shuttle buses back to the strip. Nat and I weren't exactly sure how we were going to get back and up until they made the announcement about the shuttles, we were scoping out the crowd to see who we might be able to sucker a ride out of. :laugh:

Where were all the DRN peeps?!! Next year guys!

Top Bottom