ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Does anyone have any experience comparing Moose Sahara gear to other types of vented gear? If so how do the others stack up agains the Moose stuff. I love the coolness and feel of the Sahara gear I have just been disappointed with the durability of the stuff, especially the pants.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
The newest Sahara gear is the best Moose has made by far.

I agree the earlier stuff tended to fall apart.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
I bought Fox vented gear a few months, being in Houston it's necassary. The Thor was very nice but with limited color choices, the moose pants seemed to lack the protection that Fox had. They where definitly more vented but I was concerned that when I fall, and I will fall, they wouldn't offer the same level of support.

Steven

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I have some Vented MSR system X stuff and I like it. The pants offer good portection, but the Thor and moose stuff look like they flow better. I will more then likely be checking out the thor stuff next year.

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
I used the Thor vented white and grey all summer this year and will never go back. In July-Aug we had record breaking temps almost every day, it got as hot as 108 and the thor stuff was great. It flowed really well while riding and I didnt instantly sweat-up when stoping for a break. They have held up really well. Very pleased.
Cy

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i used vented msr system-x gear this summer. even though it was not a real hot summer here this year, it did a fairly good job. i actully didnt care much for the pants though, they seemed a little on the thick side and were not any cooler than my non-vented pants. i think any time you have vented gear you are gonna have to give up a little durability concidering its made of thin mesh. the msr system-x jersey held up pretty good though, a few little small snags thats about it. i always try to wear light colored gear in the summer since it reflects heat where dark colors absorb it, my vented gear is white.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
I have the Moose and the No Fear vented gear and the Moose is by far the most vented. The pants are the big difference. The Moose pants flow the most air by far.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
The fox vented gear (2003) is of good quality but the pants are not 'overly' vented. Better than regular but not that much difference. In fact these pants could be used in cool weather without much problem. I actually think they are a good overall pant rather than a 'summer' pant. If I wanted a hot weather pant only - I would try something else.

Sizing - I am a 38-40 waist size in most clothes. The 38 fox pant fit just fine. They are a low cut/rise.

The jersey is vented well.

x2fast

Oct 1, 2003
The Moose Sahara gear has been updated with more wear resistent materials and better lay out of the panels for increased durability.
Moose Sahara has been engineered from the ground up building around the vented panels to offer the most effective ventilation available. They now use Kodra reinforced high wear areas as well as Schoeller Keprotec inner knee panels.
Look for new 2004 Sahara in January/Feb

Top Bottom