VERY Dissapointing news...GREEN CLOSED

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
Originally posted by KTM Shorty
We helped spearhead the effort to turn 750 acres of the old Jungle Habitat into the Extreme Habitat Extreme sport recreation park only to be shut out (sp?).

KTM shorty , so its definately a no go with the habitat facility huh. i was just mentioning that place to someone. very disappointed to hear that it didnt pan out.

well headed to ride in NJ but all legal like.
Red

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
There is a lot of land-locked, "junk" (i.e. too hilly to develop) property in Warren County. What is junk to a developer is GOLD to us!

With enough people behind me, I would be willing to approach some of these owners to work on a lease or lease to purchase. 100 acres could provide 7 to 10 miles of trails.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
Originally posted by KTM Shorty

The state promises to provide two riding parks (one in NNJ and the other in SNJ) by 2005. I'll believe it when I'm riding on the trails there!

i thought there is supposed to be 3, north , central ,and southern NJ. ?
the one near cape may court house i dont think will last. open on weekends only and doesnt seem like the funds are coming in.

chatsworth raised its price to $75 a day , after a couple months of that it has been lowered to $50. still way to expensive IMO.

RVSjunkie good luck , one thing you can try is getting a private land owner to let you ride , but they cant charge you for riding. what you can do is give the land owner $ as long as its not a set price.

good luck and if you ever get something going let us know and we'll bring he bikes and the cash or even a shovel to help out . ;o)

well im headed back out in the woods, lunch time is over,

Red

"dirt biking good clean fun"

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I'm in to supposrt any reasonable effort to get more places to ride. I rode yesterday on 65 acres of land that is for sale currently in Amwell (about 10 min. north of flemington on 202). Unfortunately, the land owner is looking for 2.3M but let me tell ya... if I had 2.3M bucks, I would buy this place in a heartbeat! Awesome 4 car garage, incredible house (6000Sq feet, 8 bedroom brand new contemporary) , in ground swimming pool, and dozens of wide open acres of secluded horse fields waiting to be developed into an awesome little offroad park.

It's all flat now, rolling hills and such, but that could be changed. They are even talking about making it into a 9 hole golf course.

Can we raise that kind of cash? :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I don't think we'd have to. I would try to work on a long-term lease or lease/purchase basis. Additionally, I would approach the state to provide funding and resources for such a location.

We can do this! We need to become a squeaky wheel with many members.

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
oh why didnt you just say so, ill get out the check book and write one for 2.5.
2.5 just sounds better then 2.3.

Red

"dirtbiking good clean fun"

Top Bottom