Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Very nice Lou. You know the next question. Got any extras you might want to part with? Like oldguy said, if it has red white and blue in it, it's not sitting on a shelf anymore.

B

biglou

I think I have 3-5 left, plus some that are the same except that they have a clear background and stick to the inside of a window. They are not quite as bright as the ones on the white background. I'll bring what I have to DW.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
You aren't kidding about the Red, White and Blue!! I've been on the man hunt for flags of any sort for 2 days. Found nothing in town or the next, even the flag shops are sold out. One flag shop owner said even his wholesaler is out and it would be 4 weeks before he could get more.
I put out a spam e-mail at work, everyone else was in the same boat and came back with "let me know if you do find anything".
A few websites I contacted were sold out as well! Plus getting anything shipped will be like putting it on a slow boat to China right now. :(
Only good news I heard was that Home Depot would be receiving a new shipment of flags on Tuesday.
Looks like I won't be able to get anything before Dirtweek. :(

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
the only flag I could find was a puny little one on a stick, good thing I've got a fairly nice one to bring to DW. AutoZone is clear out of flag decals as well.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sears, Costco, K-Mart and Linens & Things (yes I actually went there) have absolutely no flags whatsoever. GSR and I have been searching hard but I I am glad and sad to report that I don't know where else to look. The places listed are just the ones i checked at yesterday morning, she has checked others in the area!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Eddie,
I've got you and speedy covered :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Thanks Okie. All I managed to turn up today was a blue garland with stars and little paper american flags. :confused: I figured it's better than nothing. We'll keep our eyes peeled on the trip out there too.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
No flags to be found. Maybe by next week there will be more. If not, I will try to pick on up on the way to Illinois.

See ya Wednesday!

abordone

Apr 13, 2000
FLAG

Saw a trucker headed south on US 41 today, had a steel pipe wired to the straightpipe on his kenworth with about a 3 by 5 flag waving behind, gave him the thumbs up.
Andy

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Every year at the Marine Corps Ball, they would have a little American flag and a little Marine Corps flag in a nifty little stand on every table. I'm glad I always snatched these!! I'll have my little flags on display while there. I just wish I had a big Marine Corps flag to fly at the house. Nothing like knowing your neighbor was trained to fight "all enemies, foriegn and domestic" to bring a sense of calm to the neighborhood.

And, NOTHING is more dangerous than a pissed off Marine!! (now where did they put those weapons of mass destruction??)

For those of you that have questions about flag etiquitte or how/when to fly the flag>>> http://www.heritage-flag.com/etiquett.htm
(nice to see you got it right Okie!!)

Last edited:

Kawi250Kid

May 23, 2001
< Only good news I heard was that Home Depot would be receiving a new shipment of flags on Tuesday. >

I am a casheir at Home Depot here in Huntington Beach, Ca. and we had flags piled up, and within an hour they were gone. People here are special ordering them. My superviser cant even get one :scream: . Good Luck on your hunting Guys. To get my flag i just bought some red, white and blue fabric and asked my sister to sew 4-5 of them. Shes completed two and they look awsome :)! everyone in my family is anxious to get theirs.

My prayers go out to everyone affected by the tragedies of the last week.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Flags available....limited.

There is a roadside vendor with all types of flags near me this weekend. The Stars and Bars are $25.00. People were lining up last night. Contact me ASAP if you need one.
SwiftT1@hotmail.com

B

biglou

Here's the give-away order:

1. PapaKeith
2. Oldguy
3. Okiewan
4. ?
I've got one left unspoken for (#4). First poster that asks gets it. I also have about 6-8 that stick to the inside of a window (clear background). I'll pass those out as well. If I come across anything else at the stores this weekend, I'll snag what I can and bring those, too!

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
Lou if you still got it...

I'd take the last one. Those look pretty cool! Plus, since I have the same gear as Okie and ride a yz I gotta keep the look goin :cool:

B

biglou

SirReel-It's yours. Just got back from Walgreens, AutoZone and Wally-World. No one has anything! See you all (very) late Wednesday! I'll try not to wake anybody up when I get there! :)

B

biglou

I found 10 small flags!

Just got back from "American Awning & Supply Co." in Grandview, MO (how "apple pie" is that?!!). I picked up their last 3'x5' USMC flag and noticed a stack of the smaller 8"x10" American flags on the wooden sticks. Picked up 10 of them and will drop them off at "Command Central" when I get there!:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Thanks Big Lou! :)
I may have 1-2 3x5 US flags with me plus a couple of small ones. Anyone in need just stop by the slums at DW;) .

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
I need one for the helmet or bike.
Ive always run one every memorial day or veterans day race at Casey..
now i cant find one anywhere ,or any stickers even :(

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Papakeith,
Let me know how much for a 3x5 flag and i'll put it in the Papakeith fund right now. I'll be there Thurs. morning.

BigLou,
I'll take a couple of 8x10's off your hands.

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
Flag Stickers

Dennis Kirk still had the flag stickers Big Lou posted of in stock as of tonight, I picked up a few. Page 147 in the Dirt Bike catalog.

The same ones can also be found as part of some of the sticker kits on page 139. Shipped next day or 2nd day they would probably make in time for DW '01.

Have a great time all, wish I could be there. Will be looking for a sea of red, white & blue on the DW '01 picture page. :D

Top Bottom