Vet mx championships at glen helen

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/features/article/0,13190,536711,00.html

Man that is some wild stuff. Congrats Spud!!!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey dont that spud guy look alot like Pred. I believe it must be as he used his super hero name "spud". :laugh:

110303podium.jpg

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Yep.... that was a bit weird huh. But Dr Doug's explanation makes him sound a bit like Dr Dubious....l know Im dubious of his explanation.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
This proves thats it not what you do on the track that matters its how well your are liked off the track. Can you imagin if someone like say Brown or RC had done somthing like this? They would be roasted alive in here.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i was disappointed in him after reading that. i wouldn't have expected him to react like that. then changing his explanation of it the next day. he dropped a notch in my book. you're right rat, had it been rc or brown, there would be a two-alarm fire.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
You guy's are taking this way to literally, he did and said it as a joke, he was messing around I promise you. Spud and Doug are friends, I talked to Doug less than a minute after he crossed the finish and he congratulated Spud. After he fell he knew he was screwed and was just messing around, he didn't say anything at the time and the first I heard of it was on TW but I know he was playing. I'll call and ask him to make sure I'm not full of it LOL.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
"After the race I was pretty upset about throwing away the title and probably didn't do the best job of explaining what had happened. Doing something like that is not what I'm all about."

This is what Doug said after the race. Billy I know your buddys with Doug but I don't buy the joke thing. I'm not trying to string the guy up just prove a point. People on this board a quick to call a guy dirty when it some one they don't like but when it's one of their own the dude can do no wrong.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Looks like we have some folks that need to get to a Dirt Week and actually met Doug! Three things become obvious when you get the chance to meet Dr. D in person.
1. he's crazy fast
2. he's a SUPER nice guy
3. he won't come between Billywho and a loaf of pumpkin bread. :laugh:

I don't know about any of you guys but I mess around with my buddies and I'm sure to the outsider it can look pretty strange when Gomer grabs my (fine) butt or I plant a smooch on Taraker's cheek, or... well I better stop there.

So Billy is that stiff neck from the crash in the Pro race at Cooperland? That would be a bummer.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by mx547
he dropped a notch in my book.

Not in mine. He was in the heat of battle, dropped his bike, heard another bike close to him and reacted.

Did he react appropriately... no. Did he apologize... yes. His explanation may not even make sense to himself (or it does, I don't know b/c I'm not him) but considering all of his past good deads and strong effort to be a good ambassador to the sport I'm extremely comfortable giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Let's also not forget that publications never :silly: mis-quote or put their own spin on things.

BTW did you guys know that Elvis is having an alien love child with Britney Spears?

"I know it's true, oh so true, because I saw it on TV."

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Honestly I'm not trying to defend him, I did a kinda similar thing a couple years ago to Terry Fowler at a Ca. state championship. He passed me on the last lap so I t-boned him pretty hard a couple turns later and we both went down. The overall was on the line, but I had a flash of "this would be funny but I'm serious" go through my mind, and since my bike stalled and his didn't I ran over to him to hit his kill switch because I knew he had trouble starting the 4-stroke and I could win. We laugh about it to this day, as will Doug and Spud. I guess my point is even though it's a serious race and they all take it VERY seriously, this type of thing would not happen at a national which is ALL business, you wouldn't even think of anything like that unless you flat hate the guy and don't give a crap about your career. If he was dead serious about tackleing him he could have done it, it was a slow corner, and had Spud actually fallen, Doug probably would of went ohh s... and waited for him to get up and fall in behind him ...I don't know. All I know is it's not at all like him to do something like that in a dead serious manner, but who knows , he may be getting angry in his old age lol, and I would bet they will be laughing about it in years to come, it's good bench racing material I know that....I hope!

I tried calling him, but I think he went to Japan for testing, so I'll get back to you...who knows, I may be eating my words in the near future lol.

super rat, I'm not thinking your trying to hang him, maybe I'm just saying I might have done the same thing lol... it's all good with me.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I think I proved my point. I don't think Doug is a dirtbag, I'm sure he is a nice guy but if this had been some redneck with a big #3 on his bike I don't think you guys would be running to defend him. It just seems like there is a double standerd.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Okie!!! how the hell are you? Where you been? I haven't seen you post in a while. I can't belive your going to make me ask but you got my buck fiddy? If your a little tight on funds I can set up a payment deal for ya!! LOL!!!

You going to give RC the same benefit of the doubt this year?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I think it was a joke (sort of), but there's no doubt that Dubach was dissapointed with second.

This Gomer character, however, seems like a real scary dude. :eek:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
rat--you're gonna be eatin' a lot of crow this year in SX. My prediction is that you'll be shelling out more than a buck fiddy this year.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
1) I think it's Reeds title to lose this year 2) I think I made my last bet on the net. No crow for the rat, thank you.

Top Bottom