a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Here's a wrap up on the Veteran's Day ride at Elsinore. Remind me never to ride a track on Veteran's Day again! It looked like a elementary school field trip at the zoo. Not that I mind having the little guys and gals riding around. I think it's great but the parents were letting the kids race through the parking lot causing havic. It's hard enough watching for trucks and cars but the little 60's pop up like daisies under your feet.

All in all, it was a nice day. I found MXdad over by the 50 track with his little guy. We rode a lap or so on the main track but I had to pull off. I sprained my ankle when I overjumped the front tabletop. No crash but I tweaked my ankle pretty good. Dad had his crash too. I told him he crashed becasue his tractor was pulling around a 10' section of metal pipe! The evidence was still on the ground behind his Suburban.

It must have been the weather because two 60 riders crashed on separate occasions on the 60-80 track. One was knocked out and both ended up being transported to the hospital. I hope they both fair out OK.

A rough day at the Elsinore track, and seeing the little guys crash makes you slow down a bit. I'd have a tough time seeing my little girl laying unconscious on the dirt too. Parents, please watch your kids closely and for God's sake, don't push them so hard that they crash trying to live your dreams.

My prayers go out to those little ones hurt yesterday and also to the family that lost the 14 year old out in Ocotillo. If you didn't hear, the boys father crashed into him and he died at the hospital.
Alot of tragedy these past couple of days, we definately have to pull together in times like this.

Elk

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
That pipe was what we were using trying to straighten out my bars! Had to drive into Temecula to get new ones. Then Matt's silencer bracket weld (on his two week old KTM :think) let go so he was done for the day.

I know what you mean about the kids Elk, a guy rode over to our pits looking for "a woman driving a white Super Crew" because her kid was one of the hurt ones on the 80 track and they couldn't find her. :(

Got a few more motos in so it wasn't a total bust, but just didn't feel like our normal outing. Oh well, there's always Friday!

Hope your ankle feels better soon Elk, let me know when you can get back out.

Heywood

Feb 18, 2000
The last time I took my two boys to Lake Elsinore Park (it was a Sunday a while back), the meat wagon pulled in right behind us with lights and siren blarring. The girl at the gate said it was their 5th trip of the day, one broken femur, one broken wrist, one concusion/punctured lung, etc. They came one more time while we were there. :scream:

It was a total zoo, 200 Degrees, kids and freestyle wanabees blasting thru the pits everywhere and the tracks were packed.

My six year old son was pulling off the PeeWee track and I see out of the corner of my eye a full sized guy, no shirt (gotta show off the tats), no helmet, ripping full speed along the side of the track on a PW50, on a collision course with my son. They missed by a couple inches. My heart was in my throat and beating about 300 bpm.

It's way too crazy there. Too many people and not enough space. I don't think I'll be going back any time soon.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Midweek is the only way to go for us. I'll never go on a holiday again. I don't feel like being hit by a skin wearing freak.
Elk

Top Bottom