02'Cr Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2001
Boyesen if you like a little harder hit low to mid,v-force if you like a boarder powerband.Thats basically the differance between them two i think.

tchamberlain

Mar 28, 2002
I have an 02 YZ250 and just put in the boysen rad valve. I went ahead and kept the space in and could not tell one bit of difference. Maybe if I remove the stock spacer, it would be better. But initially, I was hugely disappointed and think this is a waste of money.
Tim

ML536

Dec 1, 2001
Did you re-jet the bike after you installed the rad valve? If not, that is probably your problem. The bike needs to be leaned out after you install it.

Play with the jetting, and I think you will be pleased with the improvement.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I still think the improvement would be ther if a person spent the time to get the stock bike jetted properly.

I have used both of the aftermarket reeds on my YZ 250. The performance improvement is barely worth mentioning. I would have a very hard time trying to convince someone that the mod was worth the trouble.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by Rcannon

I have used both of the aftermarket reeds on my YZ 250. The performance improvement is barely worth mentioning. I would have a very hard time trying to convince someone that the mod was worth the trouble.

I totally agree Rcannon, the 02cr125 was the only exception to your statement, the factory messed that one up!

In all my dyno testing, an aftermarket reed valve is one of the smallest gains and sometimes it can be a loss, for the buck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom