Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
The Pro flat track race is this Saturday, the 9th. I think they start at 3 pm. The quads are on Sunday at noon. They can be a little more exciting when they get their open wheels tangled. They are not exactly slow either. I seen a 1100 GSX engine in one. When he won he and did a tasmainan devil imatation.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Enduro Nut, the vintage race was canceled due to rain on June 2nd and 3rd. I am not sure if they are rescheduling or not. They have a web site at http://northfortycyclepark.com/northforty/. Look in the calander or sometimes there is more info in the moto talk section.

They were rained on on the flat track Saturday byt had a nice turn out on Sunday. Lots of old vintage large CC bikes ran plus water cooled classes also. It was 3 to 4 hours of racing with quads racing on the motor cross track. They had a good turnout. I left at 5 when the flat track was over and they were still racing quads.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Yes, it's this weekend... Vintage CC and MX - CC is on Saturday(my preference) and MX on Sunday... come on out, a friend was ranked 11th in the US in '73 and he will be there. It's a hoot, he can leave the modern bikes aboard my '81 Maico 490 and he's 25+ years older!!!
Come on out, it's a HOOT! :cool:

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am waiting on bike parts. If they don't show in time and allow me to go riding, I will show up at the races.

I am having some of Yamaha's XXXXing rectifier/regulator problems. The reg boiled the battery while riding and the acid dripped down into my air box. I found the mess after riding and flushed and cleaned out everything with baking soda. I cleaned my air cleaner but I guess it was too late. I found it coming apart last weekend while preping the bike for this weekend. Air cleaner is on the way.

They have an issues with the components used in the reg and it being mounted directly above the pipe. This is the 2nd one in about 6 months that cooked on me. Hopefully I have it fiqured out. I moved the reg up behind the front number plate to get it away from the pipe heat. They also changed the part number on the rect/reg and hopefully used components with an adequate temperature range also.

Top Bottom