Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Hey, I've searched and can't find much yet. A job change may land me near Manassas (SP)/Gainesville area. It looks to be just south of DC. I am interested in any Motocross track within 2 hours of that area (or trails even) that can be ridden regularly. I did see the site for the Hatfield-McCoy trails so I got that covered. Mostly I would want to moto. Michigan, where I live is loaded with quality tracks so it's paramount that there be one or two for me - God willing!

RSVP here or PM or email is mucho appreciated!

John

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
We'll be neighbors. Va doesnt offer much in the way of tracks. All are 3-4 hrs south of you. However, WV has a couple a little over an hour from Gainesville

Tomohawk MX
WV

Mountaineer Raceway WV

The Landing in Easton MD, prolly 2 hours out as long as you miss the Bay Bridge traffic.
Speaking of traffic....I hope you like it, cause we have plenty ;)

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Actually, there are quite a few tracks in VA. The problem is that they are very hush-hush about them. You will not find many tracks listed on websites because they have a tendency to get shut down in VA. You will need to go to public tracks and races in order to meet people and get invited to their tracks. You can check out www.vamx.com for a club that has 4 private tracks around the Richmond area. The Landing is pretty cool, but very expensive ($40).

I have a list of 16 tracks on my wall right now (most are private), so they are out there. Feel free to email me at www.yzrider@comcast.net if you want to check some of these tracks out sometime. Weekend trips to NC usually provide the best riding. There are TONS of tracks in NC that are top notch. I don't know of a single track in your back yard. I usually try to avoid NoVA due to traffic.

NCPaulD

<<<< TROLL >>>>
Mar 16, 2004
check out ncdirtrider.com

click on tracks and select Virginia

I love Lake Sugartree, but it is correct that most are going to be a 2-3 hour drive for you.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Thanks, a good start. IF the job change happens I'll be making a trip out there to scope out the area. Luckily I have a family friend that lives in Gainesville. The traffic will suck no doubt, it's pretty much farm country here where I live. My wife has been there and said the area was "horse country". I think she's trying to sucker me into the move by indicating it's "country life" like here. I'm more than willing to load up and drive 2 hours to ride. The best track I ride now is just over an hour and half. Again, thanks for the great stuff to work with. John

Aug 31, 2004
Hey Gainesville is a nice place to live..country yet urban..your wife isnt lying to you in the least bit..lots of horse farms..i live in warrenton, va which is about 7 miles south of gainesville. I know a lot of private tracks but the people who own them are verrrry picky about who they let ride there. But a public track that hasn't been mentioned yet is Budds Creek. youve probably heard about it somewhere.. they usually have races every weekend. its in leonardstown, MD. about 2 1/2 hours from where you will live. Respond to this and ill get my friends to let more people ride at there tracks.

slodsm

Jul 20, 2004
NC is right down the road and we do indeed have some quality tracks out this way.

Paul is right, ncdirtrider.net has lots of listings as well.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
More good stuff. Looks like she's heading that way very soon. She'll be working in Warrenton and looking north of there for a house. WV even came up in conversation. Next riding season (ish) is when I'd be looking at relocating. I'm an over 40 MX and trail rider and when the time comes will be looking for others to ride with. My hope is to get established at a nice track whereever I settle. Traveling will be the second option of course. Biggest heartache will be leaving my twin 21 y/o's here with their YZ's (my true riding buddies) :( .

Feb 19, 2006
dirtriddingsar

Hey guys and gals I'm new to this site and new to Norfolk Va. and would like to find a good place to take my son to ride some trails and posably a track or two. Any input would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
There use to be a MX track that also hosted a round of the Central VA Trailriders harescramble series, south of you in Dillwyn, VA.

Top Bottom