BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I would like to hear more about this service, pro and cons etc. I am seriously thinking of signing up for this service ?

Alan

http://www.vonage.com

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Did you read my post?

It's good stuff.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
yeah I did, email me.....
Any hassles yet, and so far (ok its early days), are you happy with the quality and service.

I know of no-one using a cable phone service, so this is new to me - just got my long distance bill $200, my wife can't help herself, I can save about 25c a minute on international calls with Vonage ! (which should cut my bill by 50-60%)

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I just signed up, can't wait to get going - need to get in on this refer a friend act !

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well, they activated my account on the 18th, and shipped UPS ground - no tracking number. Okie, how long did you have to wait for delivery.

I locked out my long distance calls on Thursday, and my wife is giving me grief :eek:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hoo-rah - phone thingy arrived tonight, just plugged it into my router and bang - a dialtone. Must say, this is the easiest installation ever for a computer gadget thingy magjig :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Why would your security alarm not work with it - my Vonage phone box has a 2nd phone socket, would you not just plug your security system into this. All this system needs is to dial out.

My security system is wireless, which helps a bit !

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Seems I read somewhere the monitoring companies wouldn't go for it, maybe I'm wrong.

That is what I'm waiting on. I have contacted my monitoring company to see what they allow. I have gotten two different answers so far.

Ivan

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I read somewhere on the Voange forums, that some people have connected their home telephone network to the vonage system - so that the regular outlet sockets work - there was some issue about making sure you were disconnected from the telephone grid, and that there was no power on the line. (this is not recommended though!) - I guess you would have to know what you are doing, you can't just plug it in - otherwise boom !

Maybe have 11 digit dialing is an issue !?

Top Bottom