Do you approve or disappove the Local Chapters Bylaws?

• Yes! Let's get this knobby spinnin'.

Votes: 23 100.0%
  • No! Hit the breaks, need more time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
DRN Bylaws
The name of the association shall be "TeamDRN (insert chapter name) Chapter," hereafter referred to as "this association" or "this organization".
II. OBJECT
A. The prime object of the association shall be the promotion and encouragement of off road motorcycling and the education of the public to its benefits.
B. In furtherance of objective "A" this association may hold championships, races on the trails or track, lectures, fun rides, other educational activities, demonstrations, clinics and social events; to print and publish books, magazines and newsletter; make awards; and do all such other things as may be conducive to the encouragement of riding off road motorcycles.
C. Other objectives are to engage in community activities, to publicize by appropriate means the benefits of off road motorcycling as a means of physical fitness and recreation.
III. AFFILIATION
This association shall be a chapter of TeamDRN of the AMA, and all measures adopted by that body must be considered by this organization.
IV. MEMBERSHIP
There is no specific membership requirements. Membership should include ever rider in your area that chooses to join. The organization should encourage all members to join DRN. It is not necessary for all members of a club to be AMA members but it is encouraged. Membership dues are NOT required.
V. MANAGEMENT OR GOVERNMENT
A. The management of this association shall be vested in a Board of Directors consisting of a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and up to four separate Board Members that head up various committees established by the President.
B. Duties of officers:
1. President - to preside over meetings, represent this association in the AMA, to call any special meetings, and to appoint committees and chairpersons thereof.
2. Vice-President - to assume the powers of the president in his/her absence, and to take on special assignments as requested by the president.
3. Secretary - to record minutes at meetings, to keep a file of such minutes, and, when requested by the president, to accept assignments involving correspondence and the keeping of records.
4. Treasurer - administer all financial dues and to have authority to sign or disburse necessary appropriations, as directed.
5. Insurance officer – locate and negotiate insurance for racing events and to work with the AMA to help to keep insurance affordable.
6. Referee – will settle all disputes involving racers. The referee’s decision is final.
C. Eligibility:
1. Officers may be elected to succeed themselves.
D. Term of office:
1. Term of office shall be one year, beginning at the first quarterly meeting held on March 15. (this date is adjustable)
2. Offices filled upon resignation shall expire at the time of the first meeting of the calendar year.
E. Elections:
1. The first election shall be held at the first quarterly meeting of the new calendar year beginning in 2002 and shall be elected by a majority vote of those present at the meeting.
2. Elections shall be held annually.
F. Procedural requirements:
1. Parliamentary procedure will be carried on at meetings, and every effort will be made to discuss any measures coming before the group.
2. A majority vote of the members present is necessary to pass ordinary measures. All measures shall be deemed ordinary except those proposing a constitutional amendment.
3. A quorum shall consist of twice the number of elected officers plus one. No official meeting shall be held unless a quorum is present.
4. Bylaws amendment:
a. A bylaw amendment may be accomplished by a two-thirds vote of the members present at the meeting.
b. Only those who have been members of this organization for 30 days prior to the proposal of such an amendment may vote upon such.
c. All members must be notified at least 7 days prior to voting that bylaw amendments will be discussed and voted on.
5. Meetings will be held at least once each quarter and more frequently if called by the president. Meetings can be held via the internet with rules decided by the club at inception.
VI. FINANCES
A. Dues, if any, shall be as determined by a majority of the members present at a business meeting and shall not be changed more often than once per year.
*B. This is a non-profit organization. Dues, entry fees, and other monies received by the organization will be spent entirely for carrying out the stated purpose to the organization.
C. No part of the net earnings of the club shall inure to the benefit of its individuals.
D. This organization shall be empowered to participate in fund-raising activities.
*VII. DISSOLUTION
In the event of dissolution of this association, the funds in the treasury, after all creditors have been paid, shall go to TeamDRN of the AMA or other verified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization friendly to running as voted on by a majority of the members present at the final meeting.
* These two statements are requirements for membership in TeamDRN of the AMA (I.R.S. rules).

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Let's Roll!

B

biglou

I'm with Jaybird, but, we just got our power back a couple hours ago and I am burried! But what the heck, I work better under pressure. Like Mills Lane says, "Let's get it on!"

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Me too!

:)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
question

in the bylaws its stated somewhere that meetings can be held "virtually".

otherwise it may be hard to have meetings?

i am sure its in there, but if not just curiuos if it should be?

wardy

B

biglou

I know Brian and I have discussed that, wardy. Heck, it's hard enough to get everyone to decide on which riding area to hit and at what time, let alone get everyone together in person at the same time.

My suggestion was that voting could be done via Email with a time limit of, say, 3-5 days. After that, you are considered absent from that meeting. I thnk that will give a better chance of everyone having a say in club matters.
Just thinking out loud, as usual. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Re: question

Originally posted by wardy
in the bylaws its stated somewhere that meetings can be held "virtually".

otherwise it may be hard to have meetings?

i am sure its in there, but if not just curiuos if it should be?

wardy
5. Meetings will be held at least once each quarter and more frequently if called by the president. Meetings can be held via the internet with rules decided by the club at inception.
Is this acceptable?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
We could use the "Chapter" area here for such things. Maybe use the polling function for votes and such. (shrug)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Works for me. The chapter moderators can put an announcement up and then make the thread stay at the top.

hapanese

Stuff is good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 25, 2001
Looks good. Was thinking about a chapter here in Japan. The AMA thing was one of the things stopping me. When I return to the U.S. I will become a member of the AMA. I'm currently a member of Japans equivilent of the AMA. (MCFAJ).
Hap

Last edited:

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
OK ok .....

i am guilty as charged!

I didn't read the whole deal, LOL ask a question that is that obivous,,,,,shame on me.

Yes i think that is very cool. It would be nice if ama would hold a few meetings virtually a year then have regular congress as usual......it wouldn't then be like we are starting over every dam year! Course that is if there is anything left after this whole mess is over with.

wardy

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wardy, I'm glad you mentioned about the meetings. I was a bit worried about that too. This is really looking good now.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by BSWIFT
5. Insurance officer – locate and negotiate insurance for racing events and to work with the AMA to help to keep insurance affordable.
One comment here:

Event insurance, as I understand, is purchased through the AMA. They have a specific carrier that they use. Just recently the AMA's insurance carrier changed as the previous carrier went out of business. At any AMA event, all participants must be AMA members. However, if insurance is purchased directly from the carrier all participants need not be AMA members. The downside is this insurance is very expensive, especially for a speed competition event. As an AMA sanctioned club, we would be purchasing event insurance through the AMA at a substantial discount. We would not be selecting which insurance carrier to use. Thus leaving this officer little or nothing to do.

Personally I'd rather see a Public Relations officer. Someone who is responsible for promoting each club and their events through e-mail, flyers, message forums, etc.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Thus leaving this officer little or nothing to do.

Pretty sure it's the insurance officer that has to send in a post event report (AMA sends them a form).

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Ah, an events coordinator.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Actually that whole deal is not correct

on the insurance issue. You pretty much can buy speed event insurance at the same price or close to it as the AMA. the benefits from AMA are more from the rule book, added liablity reduction in risk because it is more like a club then an individual buying insurance. I have both AMA and non ama events, the insurance is costly now but is relatively the same price.

With that said, going with the AMA is my first preference since its just gives the event/promoter/club a little more security. You can have an AMA event and NOT use Naughton(this years prefered insurance from AMA) but you have to get some things in writing and approved in order to utilize another company.

I am doing this stuff myself for Moto Pro, or setting that up I should say now for this season.

wardy

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
that is if there is anything left after this whole mess is over with.

Wardy, not to worry, within 10 years, who knows, we may be the AMA
:p

OK, I'm in.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We have a unanimous decision from 1/6th of the Support Team. I make a motion that we accept the bylaws.:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
All in favor say, AYE. or is that OIY?;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I...or Aye....or Eye....or Oy vey!

(holding hand up)

Top Bottom