Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VSTA Loretta Lynn info
http://www.vstarider.com/Pages/News...01 prelim.htm

I'm the "Trail Boss" for this year's ride. Here's what I've cooked up so far.

1)Beginner trail ~1/2 mile (for true beginners ONLY)
2)Novice Trail ~3miles
3)Main Trail ~16 miles
4)Advanced trail ~18miles
5)Alpine Tail, East ~1mile (those of you that know the Alpine Trail in Colorado will enjoy the swithbacks )

We expect 1,000 riders over the 3-day ride.

See you there!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Bill,

BunduBasher mentioned that there was to be a 20 mile beginners loop - is this true?

Also - i hear that you may trust him with a bike. Sounds dangerous considering he could not keep an eye on his own bike:p .

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
See the above layout for the trails.

Beginners= little kids on Z-50's or the like or anyone begionning riding(NO 80cc riders buzzing around fast!!)
Novice= anyone not sure of themselves about trail riding(no expert riders)
Main=open to anyone except beginners.
Advanced=those that can handle ANYTHING thrown at them.
Alpine Trail=those that REALLY can handle ANYTHING thrown at them ;)

I trust Alan with my bike ;)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I trust Alan with my bike too.

Wow - I can't believe i am saying this!! - Have you ever seen him ride:scream:

Well - i guess that most anything on a bike is repairable/replaceable.

See you at LL's. Remeber - my wife still thinks that you are a real Doctor.:D

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
:)

Introduce yourself. I will be at all the rider's meetings....unless I'm doing a 'security ride' beforehand ;)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Party of three for the Advanced Trail

We'll definately be there. Bill, I look forward to meeting you. I've spoken with you via email before about VSTA and Turkey Bay, but haven't had the chance to meet you.

Kelvin, I'll keep an eye out for you and Wendy. We didn't formally meet at Dirtweek, but I know who you and Wendy are. I was just behind and to the right of you in the group photo. Look for a #7 DRZ with DRN fender stickers.

Bill, you're going to have to be in charge of the trails every year. The different loops sound great.

Can't wait!:)

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
I may do them for a while. I think I can cut the time required to put them together down a bunch. So far it has taken me about 5 weekends !:scream:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
well, i am looking forward to enjoying dr bill's handiwork in a few weeks; this will be my 3d year to attend & it sounds as if it will be bigger than ever. i'll be helping with the field events again.

got your message, dr bill, in which you craftily seek intelligence about my expected attire. i tried to reply, but i don't know if i ever figured it out. what am i gonna wear on that halloween weekend? let's see, 2 years ago i was vsta dorothy, with a checked dress, braids, & ruby boots. last year i was the vsta fairy godmother, with blonde curls, white leggings, silver boots & a tutu. got ya worried about this year, hunh? pressure getting to you, like it did last year? i don't know what i'll do. i take halloween as a very serious matter, obviously, but it's not all that much fun to be the only person at a costume party who's in a costume. on the other hand, i hate to disappoint my adoring fans. we'll just have to see.....

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Ride update:
We are now getting some rain. We got some last weekend, too. This is GOOD. This ride has been extremely dry the past 2 years and Loretta's drains very quickly. Let's hope for rain a day or 2 before the ride, too. Rain makes the Trail Boss happy(except for the days of the ride) :) :)

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Got a LOT more rain over the weekend and suppose to get a little tonite. So far, so good. Supposed to be in the high 20's/low 30's one night this week.....brrrrrr. Then it will warm pack up some.

MikeJ

Apr 15, 2000
I helped cut some of the expert trails yesterday. Nothing imposible, but a definite challange. The conditions should be great, I could not believe how quickly the area dried out. Everyone who can should attend even if it's raining.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Lodging

Dr billZ,
Will there be hotels available close by? If so whitch ones would you suggest? What do they charge per night? I wanted to go last year but couldn't get off work. May make it this time. We had a lot of rain here in the last week. Is it very muddy there?

Thanks,
Steve

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Hey Kevin,

If you guys want to stay in a warm bed Thurs. night before heading to Loretta's you're more than welcome to stop at our house and stay with us. We're on the way for you, and about an hour and fifteen minutes from Loretta's. We'll feed ya'll supper. We've got plenty of room. We're in Benton, KY.

Anyone else is welcome to stay for that matter.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
CAL,

Wow, Thanks for the offer - sounds great but i will have to pass it by Wendy who is the boss of me (Cycledelic Neophyte) :D

We will be bringing down our RV - so that we will have warm beds to sleep in once we get to LL's.

I will get back with you.:cool:

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
Tahnk's for the offer CAL, but we will be taking my our slide in camper so it won't be to bad.I'm not sure what time we will be leaving Thursday, I hope around noon.
I'll look you up, see you there:)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm sorry

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon. I hate it:( , but I'm going to have to take back my offer of hospitality. Kelvin, I should have checked with my boss first:D . Ends up, my sister in law is having surgery in Nashville, so it's probable that we won't even be home ourselves Thurs. night. Seems like by now I would know better and check with the boss first.

The offer is still open for anytime you guys come our way(Turkey Bay, Linton, Loretta's). Just let me know ahead of time and you've got a place to stay.

Kevin,
I'll keep an eye out for you. I want to see that big ole hog your riding now.:)

Top Bottom