troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Hi,
I am trying to get off work to go to the VSTA ride at Turkey Bay. According to the web site spark arrestors are required at Turkey Bay. Do they inforce this? I will get one if necessary, just did not want to drive 2.5 hours and not be able to ride.
Thanks

jason

Nov 9, 2000
I ride at Turkey Bay at least once a month.I have never been checked for a spark arrester.I don't know of anybody that has been checked. But I have never been there during a organized ride,so??

What is the vsta ride anyways?I haven't heard of it.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I've never heard of a spark arrestor rule at Turkey. When we have bought our passes in the past, as long as they get your money, they don't care what you have.

Come on out and ride this weekend.

The VSTA ride is an event put on by Volunteer State Trailriders Association. It's a club in TN. Come on out and ride, and bring everyone you can. I'm looking forward to riding Turkey with ALOT of people. I'm used to riding with myself or myself and one person.

Go to www.vstarider.com for more info.

Dr. Billz is one of the affiliates of VSTA.

It's nice getting to talk to some ole KY boys. :D

------------------
Woodsman
1996 KX250

[This message has been edited by WOODSMAN (edited 04-05-2001).]

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
I don't think they (LBL- Forest Service) know what a spark arrestor is! They definitely don't check them.

I plan to be there about 9-10 Sat. morning, if anybody wants to ride. The VSTA tent is usually set up in the corner of the "loop" (big open field on the left before you get to the bay).

[This message has been edited by Yamahauler (edited 04-05-2001).]

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I have to work. No way around it. Maybe I will get down there Sat. before Easter. Was really looking forward to going on the VSTA ride though.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Well, how was the ride? I had to work,actually I am still at work. Guess the weather was perfect. How big of a crowd showed up. Just looking for a ride report.
Thanks

------------------

Top Bottom