firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey for all of us from the frozen north, if we post our routes and travel dates, maybe we can caravan or carpool, whichever works out with schedules and vehicles?

Keith and I will be leaving Thursday night, and coming home sometime on Monday.

We'll probably drive the way I did last year--Take I-90 over to 395, south to I-84, then east to near Boise, then south on 95 the rest of the way. We're driving in a 4x4 Toyota with 2 bikes. So far the plan is to meet up with Moto'n'Mama in Boise and follow her the rest of the way.

Anyone else? We can post cell phone #s or whatever later too if need be. (or share them anyway)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'll probably be leaving Thursday and then returning on Monday, yet I'm getting the kids a Disney land trip for Christmas, so I have to use my Vacation days wisely, otherwise I was thinking about leaving on Wednesday. Their might be 2 friends with me, and 4 bikes or I would offer to take some of the load off the Yota ;)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
If I can make it I can leave whenever and return whenever, so if I do go I'll be in the caravan.

If there's going to be a small convoy of us we should get CB's, they're cheap and easy to install.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Ten times cheaper and no installation are the little FSR radios. You can buy two-packs of the Motorola units a Costco or over the internet in the $20-40 range depending on features and accessories.

They are line of sight and have a range of about two miles (or so) - and work great for chatting between vehicles. They can also be used on the trail to some extent.

Lot easier than installing CBs. Just a thought.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
if you are coming from the north, chances are you will be coming pretty close to my house. 95 is about 1.5 miles from my house. Im not for sure when we are leaving, but i have a CB and FRS radios, so thats a big 10-4 driver!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
My brother Ron will be driving in from Boise. I'll tell him about this thread.

Cheers! - RandyB (Portland, OR)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Okay, getting closer to the big day. Cam, are you in? I'd like to leave between 5-7 pm on Thursday 2/13.

Right now the plan is to drive my Toyota if it's just Keith and I, but if someone else (cam?) wants to go, then we'll put bikes (can get 3 bikes in my truck) in the truck and Keith can drive his Buick with the people and luggage.

Cam, if you do go, we can put the bikes in either my truck or yours, it doesn't matter--the gas mileage is about the same, in fact mine is probably a little better. Hopefully better than on the way TO Cooperland!!

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm thinking of heading out 5-6am on Thursday. I can't drive all thru the night, I'm too old :)
Thus we should be passing the Boise area around 11 ish.

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
Looks like we`ll be heading out tues. after work and drive as far as we can that nite then continue on in the morning to arrive in reno weds.we`ll be 4 guys in 2 trucks and trailers driving 20 hours, hopefully less.See you all there !

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Our plans changed slightly--I took an extra day off work, so we are now leaving Wednesday night and driving all night to arrive Thursday morning.

MudnRocks

Apr 15, 2003
If anyone is heading down I-5 ( is anyone?) I'll be cruising that route. Depart 3p Thurs, after a small layover arrive Friday morning. Return early on Monday morning.
Heavy snow might be a factor for me!

Kimi

Top Bottom